Chapter Twenty Six

Alaina POV:

When we arrived at the safe house in Gatlinburg, the house was small and homey. I absolutly fell in love with the place as soon as I saw it.

"Wait until you see the inside." Danny said, noticing the smile on my face.

I was almost skipping up to the front door in excitment, hearing Danny let out a light laugh behind me.

I walk inside to see white walls, with flowers in the kitchen window, one in the corner of the living room and a few in the small garden just out side of it.

The entire house smelled like the fresh outdoors.

Seeing this place put a genuine smile on my face; the first one I'd had in months.

I felt Danny's arms wrap around my waist.

"So, you like it, huh?" He asked, smiling back at me. "I love it." I replied.

Danny then planted a small kiss on my neck.

"I love you." He whispered into my ear.

I turned in his arms and looked up at him.

"I love you, too." I replied.

Just then, my phone began to ring; the number unknown.

Danny took the phone from my hand and answered.

"Hello?... No, she isn't... Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine... You can try."

"What is he sayin'?" I whispered to him.

Danny only held up his finger to his lips and continued.

"You won't get a chance to get near her..."

Danny suddenly became angry.

"You listen to me, mother fucker. You try one more thing with my girl, you won't be behind bars but six feet under." He said, menacingly.

Danny hung up the phone and turned to me.

I hadn't realized I was crying until Danny wiped my tears away.

"Everything will be okay. I'll make sure of it." He told me. "Okay." I whispered back before wrapping my arms around his neck.

Later that night, I had another nightmare, a flashback maybe.

I was sitting against the wall with my knees up to my chin as I heard footsteps get louder and louder.

I had bruises all over my stomach and arms from being thrown and kicked. It was almost unbarable to even turn my head.

When the door opened, Ian stood with a gun in his hand.

"What are you doin'?" I asked him.

Ian laughed lightly as he walked closer to me, causing me to shrink even further against the wall.

"Strip." He said, teeth gritting. "What?" I asked as my voice shook. "I said STRIP!" He yelled as he walked closer.

"Please, no." I begged.

Ian put the gun to my head and yanked me to my feet.

"I tell you again." He growled and let go.

I started sobbing as I took my shirt off.

I sat up so quickly that I almost fell out of bed.

It couldn't be. I had no physical signs of this so I didn't know if the nightmare was real or just a figment of my imagination.

Could I have gotten out before he had the chance?