Chapter Twenty Seven

Alaina POV:

I sat up the rest of the night, thinking about the nightmare I had.

If there were signs of rape, surely the doctor would have told me.

The next morning when Danny woke up, he saw me sitting, staring at the wall in front of me.

"Laney?" He asked as he sat up. "Baby, are you okay?" He asked.

"I had the worst nightmare yet last night." I said as my words began to tremble the more I spoke.

"What was it?" He asked, nevously.

"He told me to strip." I said and began to sob.

"I woke up after that." I continued.

I stood, quickly after that as my head began to pound so badly that I fell to my knees.

"Fuck!" I screamed out as Danny ran to my side.

"Get off of me!" I yelled as I kicked and screamed. "Enough!" Ian yelled as he threw me onto the bed we used to share together.

"No!" He ripped my shirt open before I was able to get a leg free and kick him off of me and onto the floor.

I jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

As he banged on the door while trying to break it down, I frantically searched for something to defend myself.

I opened up the medicine cabinet and found a small pair of sissors.

Hoping for the best, since that was the only sharp object I had, I clutched it close to my chest and held myself against the wall furthest from the door.

When the door was slammed open, Ian ran for me. While he was busy with his hands, trying to strangle me, I rammed the sissors into his chest, causing him to stumble back.

I didn't leave a wound deep enough to kill him, just to buy time to get out.

"I stabbed him. That's how I got away." I said while breathing heavily.

"Where did he take you?" He asked. "Memphis. In the house we used to live in together." I told him.

Danny immediatly got on the phone to call Ryder.

"He took her to Memphis where they used to live. She had another memory. She stabbed him. That's how she got away."

He paused for a few seconds before responding.

"Got it, boss." He said and hung up.

Danny knelt down beside me.

"You did great, baby. I'm gonna take you to the clubhouse, and Lana and Sara will be there with you while we head out there. Ryder called our cop connections and they are gonna meet us there." He said as he held my face in his hands.

"Please, be careful." I said, softly. "Babe, there will be about six of us and one of him. If anything, it's quite an unfair fight." Danny said with his goofy grin causing me to smile back.

Once Danny dropped me off at the clubhouse, he and the other MCs headed for Memphis.

While we sat with the kids, I was lost in my own thoughts as the girls chased them around as they laughed hysterically.

Jack sat next to me and hugged my arm.

"You okay, Aunt Laney?" He asked.

I looked down at him and smiled, hugging him back.

"Yeah, sweetheart. I will be soon." I replied.

Jack has his good and bad moments. His behaviour in school has gotten a slight bit better and we have become very close.

He's my little buddy and I tell him that every day.

Danny POV:

When we finally pulled up to the house, the undercover car was already there.

Blaine, the officer who helped find Cheyenne's father stepped out of his car.

"Any movement?" Ryder asked. "Not that I've seen." He replied.

Blaine's partner, officer Holden stepped out of the other side.

"So how are we doin' this?" He asked.

"You're the cops. You tell us. Do we want to do this the legal way or the MC way?" Marley asked.

"Depends on Ian and what he does, if he's in there." Holden said.

"You guys hang back while we scope the back to see if we can't find him in there." Blaine told us and we nodded in agreement.

After a few minutes they came back over to us.

"He's in there. He's packin' up, so he probably knows that we are lookin' for him. Be ready to flank him incase he does somethin' stupid." Holden told us.

I didn't like the idea but I would rather not get into it with the only cops on our side.

They stormed up to the door and banged on it.

"Ian! This is the police! Open up or we will barge the door!" Holden yelled.

"Get back! And tell those MC bitches to stand down!" He yelled.

Bitches? Never been called that before.

"We're comin' in!" Blaire yelled.

Then a gunshot rang and Blaire fell to the ground.

"No!!" I yelled before running to my friend.

"Danny, stop!" Holden yelled before tackling Ian to the ground while he was distracted.

"A little help!" He called out while wrestling with Ian on the ground.

I pulled him away and slammed him to the ground.

"You hurt my girl!" Punch. "You killed my friend!" Another punch.

I raised my fist again before being pulled off of Ian.

Before I knew it, he was in cuffs.

I let Holden handle him and ran over to Blaire.

"Hey buddy, can you hear me?" I asked and put pressure on the wound.

Blaire didn't respond. His eyes were wide open in fear.

I began to breathe hard and balled my fists.

The guys pulled me back before I did something stupid to land myself in the back of the car as well.

We got back to the club house way later than we intended.

Laney ran up to me and hugged me.

"Holden took him into custody." I said softly.

"Holden? What do you mean? I thought Blaire was with him." Lana said.

I only looked at the girls as a tear ran down my face.

"No." Cheyenne said and looked at Marley. "Marley, please. Tell me he's okay." She said as tears poured down her face.

"I'm sorry, girls. He didn't make it." Kade told them.

I never thought I would be so distraught over a cop, but this man was my friend and he's gone because I didn't save him.