Chapter Seventeen

Alaina POV:

It's been days since the last message from Ian came through. I've barely slept, thinking every little noise I heard could be him lurking outside of the windows or doors.

I was currently home, alone after assuring Danny could go to work for a few hours. I locked all the windows and doors, double checking every so often.

I heard a noise outside the bedroom window.

What the hell was that?

I reluctantly peaked outside of the blinds, but saw nothing.

It could have just been my imagination.

I brushed it off and went back downstairs after changing into some pajamas and sat in front of the TV. I flipped through the channels until it landed on some comedy I'd never heard of.

I sighed after a while and looked at the clock on the wall.

Danny had been gone for three hours. I didn't know how late he usually worked but he'd missed a lot so he probably had a lot to catch up on.

I tried to keep my nerves calm but every little noise I heard, I thought it was Ian.

I was in the kitchen, pouring yet another glass of wine to calm my nerves when I heard a light squeak come from the living room.

I slowly sat down the glass and called out.

"Danny?"

I heard no response.

"Baby, is that you?" I called out again.

Nothing.

I grabbed a butcher knife from the counter and slowly headed for the phone mounted on the wall.

Danny POV:

"Hello?"

I heard shuffling come from the other end.

"Laney? Are you okay?" I asked. I heard a loud crash, then.

"Laney!" I yelled.

I hung up and dialed Ryder's number.

"Hey, brother. What's up?" He asked. "Meet me at Laney's. Somethin's wrong." I said and hung up.

I rushed to my bike and sped out of the parking lot.

When I pulled in Ryder was already there. He looked worried.

I walked up and saw the front door was wide open.

When I walked in, the coffee table had been turned over, glass everywhere and...

Blood.

"Oh God." I said, weakly.

"Danny, we have to call the police. This is really bad." Ryder told me, softly. "I want to kill this guy myself, Ryder. We get the police involved then there is no retaliation." I reminded him.

"We have guys on the inside, buddy." He told me. "No! Damn it!" I yelled.

I took a deep breath.

"The GPS on her phone. I can track it. I hope to God she has it on her." I said and sat in front of the computer.

"What if she's.." I cut him off. "Don't." I said, sharply.

She's not dead. She can't be.

Alaina POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache.

How long was I out? Where am I?

"Hello?"  I called out into the darkness.

I tried to move but I was tied to something.

Then a door in front of me opened. Light filtered in causing me to close my eyes, tightly.

"Rise and shine." I heard.

No..

"Ian?"

The light above me was turned on and there he stood.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"What? Been gone so long, spreadin' your legs for that outlaw biker that you don't remember your own home?" He asked.

I looked around the room confused. Everything looked so different.

"Well, I changed a few things while you were gone. Had to do somethin' to keep my mind off you." He said.

"Yeah, looks like you did a good job at that. You fuckin' stalked me and kidnapped me." I told him in a huff.

Ian stormed up to me and smacked me in the face.

I felt the blood run down my lip.

"He'll find me." I told him.

"I doubt that , babe." He said, holding up my phone, completely destroyed.

"Good luck trackin' you now."