Chapter Seven

Alaina POV:

Danny was in the hospital for almost a week before he was able to go home. I had spent a lot of time with him while he was bed ridden. We became friends. He still hit on me every now and again but not as extreme as it had been.

Thankfully, I hadn't gotten anymore messages either. All was peaceful in Tennessee for the time being.

I had also finally saved up enough to find a small house near the clinic which also happened to be a mile or two away from the club house.

"How's the new place goin'?" Sarah asked me. "It's goin'. Still have to paint the place." I replied.

Sarah looked down at her watch and turned back to me.

"The clinic is empty for now. Lunch?" She asked me. "Hell yeah, man. I'm starvin'." I said. "Same. Let's get the hell outta here." She replied, linking my arm with hers.

"I called Lana and Cheyenne before we left. They're meetin' us there." Sarah told me.

I really like Cheyenne. She was sweet and extremely wise at such a young age.

As we sat there in the diner, Cheyenne looked nervous.

"You okay?" I asked her. "I don't know." She replied. "What do you mean?" Lana asked.

I noticed that Cheyenne's hands were shaking and she was breathing hard.

"What's wrong, sister?" Sarah asked.

"I'm pregnant." She blurted out. "But, didn't the doc say you couldn't have kids?" Lana asked. "He said there was a very low chance." Cheyenne replied nervously.

"Cheyenne, this is amazin'! Aren't you happy?" I asked her. "I am, but I haven't told Marley yet. I found out a couple of hours ago. I was goin' to tell everyone at dinner tonight. I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I had to tell someone." She replied. "Our lips are sealed, Chey. Don't worry." Lana told her.

It was Wednesday which meant, the club had dinner together. We had decided a couple of months ago that we would all sit down and have a family dinner at least once a week and so far so good.

"I'm so scared." Cheyenne said. "Of what?" I asked her. "Of what Marley will do." She replied. "Cheyenne, Marley has always wanted kids. You see how he treats Jack. I mean hell, the kid calls him dad sometimes." Lana told her.

Cheyenne gave us a small smile.

"Thanks. I needed to hear that." She said.

"Oh! You're anniversary is comin' up too. Do you and Marley have anything planned?" Lana asked. "Well, it's our first anniversary, so I have no idea what to do. I mean, Marley is the only man I've ever been with so I don't know how all this works." Cheyenne replied. 

"I'm sure he already has somethin' planned. But I mean, it's hard to top the way he told you he loved you for the first time." Sarah said.

Cheyenne then gave a genuine smile and looked down, thinking about the day.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"He took me out to have a picnic, poured his heart out about how I was the only woman that brought out a vulnerable side to him and how he could let his guard down around me. He told me he's never felt anything so strong for a woman before me and then he told me he loved me." Cheyenne said.

"Damn, dude." I said, amazed. "Right? With Ryder and I, we just blurted it out." Lana said, causing all of us to laugh.

"We need to get back to work, ladies. We'll see you at dinner tonight." Sarah said before the two of us stood, paid for our food and left the diner.

Danny POV:

I was in the kitchen with Marley, attempting to help Marley with dinner. I hated when it was our turn to cook. I was complete shit when it came to it.

Marley looked distracted as he stood at the stove.

"What's up with you, brother?" I asked him. "Cheyenne's actin' weird." He replied. "Weird how?" I asked. "Distant. She hasn't said much to me all day. I'm worried about her." He said. "Have you tried askin' her?" "Of course I have. She just keeps tellin' me that she's okay. I don't get it. She's never hidden anything from me before." Marley said.

Marley looked so hurt by the way his girl was actin'.

"Talk to her tonight, brother. Sit her down and have a serious talk about it." I said. "Yeah." He muttered under his breath.

"Don't worry, man. I'm sure she'll come clean soon." I told him. "I hope so." Marley replied.