Chapter Nineteen

Alaina POV:

As I sat, looking around the sterile room, I heard multiple heavy foot steps approach the room.

"Laney, thank God." Danny said and rushed over to me.

As soon as I wrapped my arms around his neck, his lips smashed into mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked when we pulled away. "I think so. I don't remember what happened to me or where I was before I woke up here." I told him. "Nothin'?" He asked, confused.

I only shook my head and looked down, embarrassed.

"It's okay, baby. It's there. It will just take some time to come to you. All we know is that Ian took you two weeks ago." Danny said.

My eyes widened.

"Two weeks?!"

My God, how the hell could I just lose two whole weeks?

"Are you hurtin' anywhere?" He asked, almost cautiously.  "My ribs, mostly." I replied. "Nowhere else?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"No." I replied.

I took a deep breath, sighing in relief.

Danny then carefully lied down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I missed you so much." He whispered into my ear. "I wish I could remember what happened to me. I don't know why I don't. I'm sorry." I said weakly. "Baby, it's not your fault. Amnesia happens when you go through something traumatic. It will come to you eventually." Danny assured me. 

"I love you." I told him, trying to hold in my tears.

Danny was so supportive. He wasn't trying to force me into remembering anything which was a huge relief.

"I love you too, baby." He replied.

A few days later, Sarah let me go home with my ribs wrapped.

Danny helped me out of the car and inside.

"You hungry?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied. "Good, 'cause I am too." He said pulling out his phone to order pizza.

I smiled to myself. My goofy Danny was back without all the serious worry written all over his face, although I knew it was still there.

When the pizza arrived, Danny put a plate in front of me and gave me a light kiss.

I've never had anyone love me as much as Danny does. Sometimes I think it's all a dream and I'll wake up any minute.

I heard the front door open and then the heavy foot steps of biker boots.

"Oh! Pizza!" I heard Ryder call out.

"Baby! Chill out." Lana said. "What?" Ryder asked with his mouth full.

Lana slapped her forehead and sat next to me.

"Tell me again why I fell for that man." She said as she looked at me.

"Hey, man. Don't ask me. I have my own to deal with."

"I heard that!" Danny called out from the kitchen. "You were supposed to!" I called back.

"So, how you feelin'?" Lana asked. "Better. My ribs are sore but Sarah gave me somethin' for it." I replied.

"Eat before you take it." Danny said as he sat on the other side of me.

"It'll fuck your shit up if you don't." He continued. "Why do you curse so much?" I asked and laughed. "You do it." He replied. "Not as much as you." I told him. "Yeah, whatever." He said with a wave of his hand.

I laughed and we all began to eat as we talked.

I sat my plate down and held my head in my hand.

"Shut up!" I heard as there was a slap to my face.

I gasped and looked around to see everyone look worriedly at me.

"Baby.." Danny said and wrapped an arm around me.

"I remembered something. It was small but I remembered it." I told them.

"What was it?" Lana asked. "Someone yelled and slapped me. That's all." I replied. "It's okay. It's better than nothin'." Ryder said.

It was almost as if I could feel it all over again.

I was quiet most of the rest of the meal, trying to remember anything else I could.

That night I had a nightmare.

"You will wish you never left me." I heard quietly in my ear.

Everything was so dark.

"Please, Ian. Just let me go."

That was my voice!

"Shut up!" He yelled and slapped me.

I gasped as my head began to throb.

I quickly sat up, breathing heavily and sweating.

I looked over and saw Danny sleeping next to me.

Good God. If that was only part of it, then God only knows what else happened.