Chapter One

Alaina POV:

I had been traveling for around two hours from Memphis to visit some friends from college, Lana and Sarah.

I had heard they had both had children that were almost a year old now and that Sarah had gotten married two months earlier.

I had missed my friends dearly but there was also another reason that I was going to Nashville.

I had broken up with my ex a month earlier and he had been following me. I would see him lurking around my house at night and I'd see him in the crowd when I would go out to shop. He had even shown up at the hospital that I had worked in.

As far as the twins knew, I was visiting but in reality, I was running.

I knocked on Sarah's door to see a tall man, arms covered in tattoos, holding a little girl answer the door.

"Can I help you?" He asked. "Yeah. I'm looking for Sarah. My name is Alaina." I replied.

His brows then raised in recognition.

"Oh yeah. She told me about you. Come on in." He said and stepped aside, allowing me inside.

"I'm guessing you're Kade?" I asked him. "I am. This is my daughter, Diana." He said and looked down at her.

I smiled at the small girl in his arms. She was adorable and the spitting image of him.

"Hi, sweetheart." I cooed at her. "Can you wave?" He asked as he took her hand and waved at me.

Diana giggled lightly and pulled her hand away from her father.

"Alaina?" I heard from behind me.

Standing in front of me was Sarah with a smile on her face.

I hadn't seen her in almost two years. 

I had been a year ahead of she and her sister.

She hugged me tightly and laughed.

"Damn, it's good to see you." She told me. "It's good to see you too, Sarah. You have no idea how much I've missed this place." I replied.

"So, Lana and I thought we'd take you out to the bar the MC owns." She told me. "Oh, you really don't have to." I told her. "Come on. You can meet our brothers. They're crazy but you'll love them." She said and laughed.

"We are not crazy." Kade defended. "Whatever you say, baby." Sarah replied, patting his cheek softly.

I smiled and shook my head at the couple. They seemed really happy.

An hour or so later, Sarah and I pulled up to the bar to meet Lana.

"Marley's girl, Cheyenne will be joining us. She joined the MC last year." Sarah explained. "She cool?" I asked her. "Very." She replied.

"Sarah!" I heard someone shout.

"Come on." She said, grabbing my hand.

"Alaina, it's so good to see you again." Lana said and hugged me.

"You too." I said, smiling widely at my friend.

I sat down next to her and saw a young blonde woman sitting across from us.

"Alaina, this is our sister, Cheyenne." Lana told me.

Cheyenne smiled at me and stuck her hand out.

"I've heard a lot about you." She said.

I reached out and shook her hand.

"Not all bad, I hope." I told her. "No, not at all." She said.

As we started talking, I learned that Cheyenne was the legal guardian of her nine year old brother, Jack.

She explain how she came across the MC.

I was surprised to find out she was only nineteen. Her boyfriend Marley being twelve years older than her. She acted so much more mature than her age so I never would have guessed.

As I talked to the twins, it was like no time had passed. Conversation passed easily between the four of us and before we knew it, it was almost one in the morning.

"I better get home. I have work in the morning." Lana said as she stood up.

"Same. Ready, Lanie?" Sarah asked. "Yep." I replied.

Maybe I would like it here after all.