Chapter 24:- Looking Over Us

I have been watching Grey's Anatomy and I am just amazed at the amount of good dialogues and quotes this show has... :')

____|~.~|____

"Don't test me, not with your safety"

Selena rushed out of the room but so did Connor. He held her back by her arm, turning her around to look at his face and Connor didn't try to hide what was on his mind.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a sharp voice.

"What?" Selena pulled her hand away from his roughly.

"Selena, he is trying."

"I know! Don't you think I know that?!"

The barrier had broken, Connor could see the tears trying to escape her eyes now, the ones she was trying really hard to hold back. "Selena..."

"I can't help it," she mumbled as she rubbed her face harshly with her hands, "I can't help the annoyance that spreads through my whole being when I see him. He thought I wanted to ruin his pack, he thought the injuries I came in with were fake; he thought I faked it all. His beta saw me when I had come to this place, he knew how I looked and he..."

"Selena," Connor interrupted her softly, "Put yourself in his position, you were trained to be an alpha too."

"I did, the reason why I am still here is that I did put myself in his position. He had to make a tough decision."

"This is exactly what the hunters want. You two cannot be defeated when together, they're following the typical divide and conquer strategy."

"Thanks to him, they might succeed." Selena could see that Connor was going to speak again, but she was seriously losing her patience completely, "Connor, please."

But Connor was in no mood to listen, "Do you feel better by making him suffer?"

Selena's pleading and tired expression hardened as soon the words left Connor's mouth. Connor's face showed only a slight bit of guilt but he ignored it. He needed to understand what was going on in her mind, and if he has to instigate her for that, he will.

Selena silently turned around and walked away, her whole body stiff. Connor sighed and walked back inside.

"You didn't need to do that," Xavier said, "She needs you by her side."

"Xavier," Connor silenced him, "She doesn't hate you."

Xavier scoffed which was followed by a sad smile, "I could state a few points to prove otherwise."

"She understands," Ryan said this time, "but she's still hurt."

Xavier nodded and walked out of the office, leaving the two men standing there.

Selena once again walked straight out of the packhouse. Her face was still set in a straight line as a lot of thoughts moved around in her head. She walked at a fast set pace which then fastened as she changed into her wolf and rushed through the forest.

Izzy cautiously joined the connection with her human. Selena was very fast but her alpha instincts had kicked in with her training so hard again, she was very cautious about everything around her.

'Selena, calm down.'

'I hate it,' she growled, not slowing her pace at all.

'I know.'

'I just get so upset and then angry and...'

'You don't need to explain. I am a part of you, I know.'