CHAPTER 23:- A Little Jealousy Is Not That Bad

"...you're words sure as hell aren't helping you"

A few days after the meeting, Connor and Evelyn were just relaxing in the bed in Evelyn's room, cuddling. The conversation had stopped a little while ago and both of them were just relaxing in each other's embrace when Connor found himself going over the thought of the witches.

"Are you still thinking about the witch?"

Connor stilled but recovered quickly, "I am actually thinking about Selena."

Evelyn turned her head to look at her mate and Connor wrapped his arms around her tighter.

"She didn't speak to you?" she asked, a little worried.

"She did," Connor said and gently rested his chin on Evelyn's forehead before speaking again, "She isn't speaking much actually. She is channelling all her energy in training."

"Well maybe she just wants to get her power back, she did train the pack before these happened."

"It's more than that." Connor shook his head. "I am just afraid that she is channelling all of her feelings into training. It's actually a good thing, but I don't think it will help her as much as talking can."

"Your sister is actually one of the strongest she-wolves I know," Evelyn said.

"Yeah... My dad taught her everything he knew. He also taught her never to give up on her soul mate."

Evelyn stayed silent but then when has she ever been one to filter her words? And she sure as hell wasn't gonna do that with her mate, "He did the right thing."

Connor looked at the window but Evelyn saw his jaw tensing, "I hoped she didn't have to go through all that pain, but all relationships require effort. My brother..."

"As much as I wanna punch your brother right now," Connor interrupted Evelyn making her look at him with a stern face, Connor too turned to look at her with a smirk, "and as much as I hate to accept it. I might have done the same thing I was in his place."

"And I would have understood it."

"You would have forgiven me?" Connor asked surprised.

"I never said that. In fact, I might not have stayed through it." They both remained quiet but Connor unconsciously pulled her closer into his chest, "I admire her."

"Xavier said he'll call your pack warlock, who is this guy?"

"Lorcan?" Evelyn asked sitting up, surprising Connor.

"Is that the guy's name?"

"Is he actually coming here?" Evelyn asked smiling wide.

"After you're done obsessing over this warlock, do tell me about him. I'd like to know what about him is worth fawning over."

Evelyn knew exactly what her words were doing to him, and she damn well enjoyed it too.

"Lorcan was the guy who spent a lot of time with us growing up. Witches and warlocks are immortal, as you know. So when we were kids and he came to consult some business with dad, he was this fun uncle whom we could hang out with. Now, he's the family friend everyone loves. He's basically the guy who taught me all of my pranks and tricks."

Connor sat up too and was slowly closing the distance between her and but Evelyn was actually a lot focused on what she was saying.

"Lorcan is..."

Evelyn shrieked when Connor pulled her back on the bed and hovered over her. He stared at her as she looked at him innocently with her eyes wide.

"Can Lorcan do this?" Connor breathed as he lowered his head and took her lips in a kiss. Evelyn's hands instantly found them wrapped in his hair and Connor growled when she tugged on it.