Chapter 9:- And Gone is the Blindfold

"...exactly what I didn't need right now,"

The world had seemed to slow down for Selena. The first few buttons of her shirt were opened and she could see the malicious smile on his face when suddenly the guy was ripped away from her. Before she could comprehend who it was, someone covered her up with what seemed to her like a blanket.

She turned to look in the direction where all the action was happening in her room. She would recognize these two males anywhere, Xavier and Ryan.

Ryan was trying to pull Xavier away from Scott when Ileana wrapped her arms around Selena. The poor girl was shivering badly and the scream and curse of the two leaders of the pack had already attracted a lot of pack members, who were curiously peeking into her room. All of these pack members could feel their alphas fury, as could Selena. All of them were deeply curious about what had gotten their alpha so angry.

"Fucking hell, Scott! What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Xavier screamed furiously as he landed another punch on Scott.

Ryan had stopped his attack a while ago, he was standing a few steps away, looking at Scott with disgust and anger. However, he couldn't let his alpha murder one of his pack members. He sighed and took a few steps towards them.

Ryan pulled Xavier away from his target. The guy was almost unconscious on the floor, barely breathing. Xavier was still breathing hard and fast. His fists were clenched and clearly, he was still furious. His eyes were turning silver ever so often, Zion was very much on the surface.

Selena had only taken a peek at Xavier's face and she held her face in her hands, almost as if she was trying to hide from the world as Ileana held her tighter. Selena didn't want to look at the scene; she didn't even want to believe that anything like this was actually happening to her again. Ileana was also very much shaken, she didn't expect even for a second that someone in her pack could do that.

"Everyone. Leave," Xavier said, a bit too calmly for Ryan's liking, he could only wonder how angry Xavier was, he couldn't even imagine how he would have reacted if this had happened to Ileana. Roy, the gamma, held Scott by his collar and was dragging him out. "Take this prick to the dungeon, I'll deal with him later."

"Yes, Alpha," Roy responded respectfully.

Ileana held Selena tightly and rubbed her forearms a few times before she got up. She didn't know what to say to Selena, neither did Ryan. But they both knew that these two needed to talk She walked to Ryan and the two walked out of the room together.

Xavier stood there for a while, still trying to calm himself. The alpha wolf was furious about Scott, but what made him even angrier was the situation they were in. He wanted to be with his mate, he wanted to hold her, make her feel loved and special.

But he couldn't... instead, he was stuck with making his mate feel like a freaking traitor, and he had no proof to defend her.

He looked at the girl trembling on the bed and his arms ached to hold her, but the way Selena looked at him, it didn't feel like she wanted him to touch her. Did he have anyone to blame for that? No, he didn't.

Xavier sighed, and he asked what he knew was the most stupid question at that time, "Are... are you okay?"

"May I be left alone?" she asked in her trembling, weak voice. Xavier just stood there, still looking at her. Anyone looking at him could see how much the guy was hurting. "Please," Selena said again.

"Okay," he replied with a single, stiff nod, "Take rest," he said and walked out of the room. Closing the door, he leaned on the other side of it. He didn't want to leave the room. He couldn't stay there though, he had to give her the space she needed. Finally, a few minutes later, he left.