Chapter 52:- It's Time

"Bring it on,"

With a groan, Selena let her eyes blink open once, twice, before the vision finally cleared. However, as soon as the memories came back, her eyes became wide open and she turned her head to look at her mate.

Xavier was still there beside her, holding her in his arms tightly, but not too uncomfortably. However, unlike what Selena had expected, Xavier was wide. He was looking at her with a small smile on his lips as he played with her hair.

"I have linked Ryan to postpone the meeting until we say so. The warriors are ready as soon as you are," he mumbled, not wanting to interrupt the peaceful silence. Yet, they both knew that they didn't have the privilege to enjoy such moments.

They understood the need to not waste time. Selena smiled back at Xavier and with a quick kiss got up to take a shower before the meeting. Soon after she entered, Xavier too followed her in.

Within fifteen minutes, both the alphas were ready and headed towards the meeting room on the ground floor.

Xavier didn't know much about the plan Selena had in mind, so he too wanted to attend the meeting. Selena had mind-linked Ryan, letting him know to assemble the assigned warriors. They didn't want to waste any more time.

"I still feel we should have taken the support of the other packs," Xavier muttered.

"The packs that are your allies are comparatively smaller and definitely not as strong as us. Calling them to fight these hunters," Selena shook her head, "It will be a suicide mission for them. It was a good idea to have placed our wolves in your closest allied pack. I am sure the Blood Moon Pack is happy to help."

Xavier nodded. Selena knew the look of uncertainty that Xavier was currently sporting. Nobody ever looks eager for war.

'Eh, except for psychopaths maybe.'

Selena scoffed on hearing Izzy but shook her head when Xavier looked at her with confusion and a bit of amusement.

"I have written a letter to the Werewolf Council," she said trying to change the topic, "with your pack stamp on it."

Xavier raised an eyebrow and looked at her, "And what did you say?"

"That if we lose, it will also mean that they are far stronger than we thought and cannot be taken down by a single pack and that they need to unite all of the strong packs and attack them together. I also have another letter, which I have spelt to be delivered to them via magic if we die, telling them all of the secrets of these hunters."

"Smart move," he nodded, "I still feel like having more manpower would have been a good decision."

"Too late," she shook her head, "It will be more of a liability to protect them. Plus, their alpha if smart wouldn't send them, they need their warriors to protect their own pack. And the stronger packs which are further away, they won't reach in time. Add to that the fact that you don't have many allies."

"Yeah well, this hunters' group is an exception. We don't have this large a group of enemies, and I have never needed help."

"Arrogant."

"You love it."

With a smirk, both of them finally entered Xavier's office together. With the strong vibe they gave off, they looked like a couple on a mission, and sure they were.

Selena saw that Evelyn and Jayce were there too. It made her happy to see that Xavier considered the fact that since he was supposed to be her beta, it would be smart to place him under her command.