Chapter 37:- All Is Not Lost

"Let's meet the long lost boy"

"So, I cannot contact them?" Xavier asked with a frown on his face. Just from seeing his face anyone wouldn't know how he was feeling, but Lorcan, after knowing him for so many years, knew exactly what he was feeling.

"They will come back," he tried to reassure the younger one.

"Is that why you were trying to avoid taking me to meet them?"

Lorcan looked guilty, "Damien was taking my help. So I was never really strong enough to take you."

"So you knew where he is?"

Lorcan nodded, "But he isn't there anymore. He didn't tell me where they went."

"That's just great," Xavier answered feeling more upset that he didn't get to see his parents and he doesn't even know where they are.

"Xavier, he will be fine."

"How can you be so sure? What if something happens to him? I mean with the threat of the hunters just around the corner? I know they are strong, but hunters play dirty, we all know that."

"Xavier, if it wasn't important then Damien wouldn't have gone."

Xavier remained quiet as he stayed in his seat. Lorcan sat still leaning on the chair, his eyes remained on Xavier.

"He said he needs to talk to some people, and he might need to travel for that." Xavier opened his mouth to ask but Lorcan interrupted him, "I don't know whom, or how far. He told me to have faith in him, and to tell you to not worry and focus on what's here."

"Stubborn..." Xavier growls, no matter how much he tries, how can he not worry about his parents with the threats around him?

"At least we know where you get it from," Lorcan smirked. Xavier only gave him a look but didn't answer. Lorcan continued, "Everything is good with her now?"

The growl died in his throat and the alpha smiled softly, "I think so. These last two days... things have been great. We trained, we talked a lot. I really think we are in a good spot."

"That's great. So when's the mating?"

Xavier frowned, "That is none of your business."

"Oh c'mon... you tell me everything!"

Xavier shook his head but couldn't hide the amusement on his face, "Not this."

"You know that I can just make you say the truth to me, right?" He asked wriggling his fingers as he leaned on the table.

"I know, but I also know that you respect people's privacy and you won't actually do that."

Lorcan grumbled as he leaned back on the chair about how children are turning out to be so freaking stubborn. Xavier rolled his eyes and just went back to his work.

Lorcan was still thinking about these two when his mind went back to the time where he had shaken hands with Selena. That day he had felt a sizzling form of energy in her, something he recognized, but something that was so very different from that of a werewolf's.

If what Damien said was true, then Selena should have received her powers when she turned twenty-one.

He looked at Xavier who was frowning at the laptop screen while typing furiously.

"What are you looking for?"

Xavier glanced at Lorcan before his eyes went back to the screen, "During the time the Lunar Eclipse was attacked, the local news covered the incident as a wildfire."