Chapter 42:- Lineage

"...you are a mixture of both."

"Do you remember mom's wolf?" Connor asked. Selena didn't understand where this question came from all of a sudden and looked at him with confusion.

"Mom never shifted," Selena shook her head, "something about not feeling her wolf since some past war."

Connor nodded, "She didn't feel her wolf because it wasn't there."

Selena remained quietly seated right where she was. Her mind wandered back to the dream she had this morning.

"I had a dream," she said. She could feel how the two men were holding their breaths and continued, "My whole family was there. Mom... she said something about how I don't know something which you and Lorcan did, that it was time for me to know now."

"Your mom wasn't a werewolf, princess," Lorcan said, he now stood up from where he sat and walked until he reached her, "She was a witch."

For a few seconds, Selena looked at him like she was seeing him for the first time, but then she laughed. This had to some another prank of theirs right?

"It's really not a great idea to prank me about my dead mother on my birthday, guys." She laughed sardonically.

"Marcella Lysandra Genevieve Wilson, your mother, was not born a werewolf."

Selena folded her hands over her chest and leaned back against the tree behind her, "Oh really?" She folded her hands over her chest.

"She was born a witch," Lorcan said seriously paying no attention to her mocking tone, "But she wasn't just a random witch, she was royalty. She was the eldest daughter of Irene, the Queen of the witches. She was the next in line to be the Queen of all good Magic."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Selena said now standing up too. She was too tense to remain seated.

"You're not a werewolf, you are a mixture of both," Lorcan said.

Everyone stood up too, all of them looking at both Lorcan and Selena, and glancing a few times at Connor too.

Xavier opened his mouth to speak, but he had no idea what he could say. He wanted to comfort her, but how could he if all of this was a surprise to him too? So he decided to just provide her as much comfort as he could without actually saying anything.

He wasn't sure if she would want him to touch her right then since the mate bond does often cloud the power of thinking clearly.

So he slid his hand into hers but didn't grasp it, seeing if she would pull back. When she didn't, only then he allowed his hold to tighten.

The physical contact allowed Izzy to feel Zion too, calming down both the human and the wolf.

"You knew?" Connor looked up to find Selena looking at him.

His voice was a mere whisper as he spoke, "I just knew that as her firstborn daughter, you are supposed to have her powers, but she wasn't sure since you showed traits of being a werewolf."

"You knew and you never told me?"

Lorcan looked at Connor and Evelyn stood by the side of her mate, with her hand on his back. "Mom wasn't sure if you would get the magic, she wanted to wait until you got it to tell you."

"I wish you had told me. That would have given me the time to prepare," she muttered with a sigh, "So it's not a prank?"

'Nope, it isn't.'

"The fuck?!" Selena exclaimed as her eyes became wide.

"You heard her didn't you?"

Selena looked at Lorcan who now had an amused grin on his face.