Chapter 2:- Down We Go

I am gonna imagine Henry Cavill as Xavier Martinez. You guys can imagine someone else if you want to.

Picture - Henry Cavill (Because... why not?)

____|~.~|____

"It's Alpha to you"

 "Xavier, before you take any decisions based on anger, please tell me what is going on," Selena said. Her eyes were begging Xavier to explain the situation to her.

Xavier was still standing right in front of her. He stared into her eyes as if he would be able to see into her soul. The more he stared into it, the more his resolve was weakening... she's his mate, his other half, literally chosen by the goddess for her, she won't betray him, she can't. But then again, mates have betrayed their respective others before. How much does he know her? It's only been three months since she joined his pack. Her whole pack is dead and she is the only one alive, can he really take the risk of putting his whole pack in danger and trust her blindly?

His face hardened again. He took a deep breath and took a step back, walking around the table he sat on his chair. Resting his elbows on the table, he interlocked his fingers and his chin rested on top of it. His face showed indifference but that was only him refusing to give in to the tremendous anger and confusion he was feeling.

"As a demoted omega, you should address all of the top rank holders by their title. Please refer to me as Alpha and the others respectively by their titles." Xavier said, his voice strong and all the while Ryan observed Selena very carefully. Ryan was proud of the fact that he was an amazing judge of character, but this time, he couldn't understand... was it because Selena is an alpha herself? He didn't know.

"I don't understand," Selena whispered, confused, "Xavier..."

"Ryan, please show Miss Wilson the video we received today," Xavier says coolly.

Selena flinched internally when Xavier addressed her as Miss Wilson. Her wolf rose up at this point. Her human was hurting, and even though her mate is literally half of her soul, her human is also a part of her. Izzy gave Selena the power to stay strong mentally. When the person closest to you, starts behaving like a stranger, it hurts more than a stab wound.

She turned to look at Ryan. He walked to the television kept on the other side of the room and clicked a button. A video started on the screen.

The video started with Max and Leon standing facing each other. The mere sight of them had Selena's blood run cold. Yes, she had worked hard, along with Xavier to get her self-confidence back up. But seeing her tormentors, who had preyed on her for two years, only after a mere three months of getting away from them... she didn't think she'd have to see them so soon again.

Xavier couldn't see her expression, but he did see her putting her hand on the table for support. He could also hear her rapid breathing sounds as well as her heartbeat. Selena on the other hand kept blinking. These men don't have any control over her now. She refused to cry over the past and after what she just heard from Xavier, she refused to cry in front of him.

On the screen, the two men start talking.

"She's doing a great job," Max said.

Leon looked around the area and whoever was holding the camera shifted to hide behind the bushes. The camera once again focused on them just as Selena heard Leon's voice, "I know. If this pace remains constant, it wouldn't be long before we can attack the pack. We would know all their secrets too. This one is too cunning. No one suspects her, hell, they don't even know the part she played in ruining her own pack!"