Chapter 40:- This Fight Is All Of Ours

"Just like you let her go?"

When Selena reached the meeting room, everyone was there already. There was something that she needed to talk to Xavier about, away from the sharp supernatural hearing of the wolves. So she linked Xavier to once come out of the huge meeting room.

There was something weighing down on her heart, and it was important that she spoke to him about it.

When Xavier came outside, he saw the frantic look on her face. Immediately his hands went on her cheeks and he looked right at her eyes, "What is it? Are you okay?"

"It won't be easy," Selena spoke.

Xavier stilled. With his hands still on her cheeks, he whispered, "What?"

Selena took in a deep breath, and removed Xavier's hands from her cheeks but didn't let them go.

"There is as little as five percent chance of us to win this war. Max and Leon, along with the rest of the hunters, they are not going down without a fight and we both know that with the help of silver bullets and god knows what other weapons, his win is inevitable."

Xavier frowned, "So what are you saying?"

With her eyes still on him, she saw the confusion clearly. He had no idea where she was going with this conversation. She continued, "You can back out if you want to."

Xavier raised an eyebrow but she continued before he could interrupt, her eyes solely on him.

"This is not your fight. Hundreds of people will die and there is also the chance of your pack being destroyed. I don't want that to happen. I don't want people to risk their lives because of me. I have already lost one pack. I cannot take the loss of another."

All Xavier could do was stare at her.

How could she say that?

Selena looked at him, trying her best to have her guard up but the moment it faltered, Xavier could clearly see what was bothering her. Her eyes kept going back to the meeting room door, where the pack was, and she looked scared.

She was scared of losing another pack, of losing her mate, her brother and her friends. She was scared to once again be taken without her consent and be tortured with God knows what. Xavier thought it was time that he knew what they had actually done to her, but he didn't approach the topic at that time.

He smiled and took her hand, and walked into the meeting room. Selena had expected him to voice his reply but when he started pulling her behind him, she only hesitated for a second before she stopped and went with him. Everyone made way for their alpha and Luna to pass and Xavier didn't stop until he reached the podium.

He then turned to the pack. Selena was confused, why was he smiling, and what was he doing? But he didn't say a word. Everyone looked shocked, some of them even a bit curious.

The wolves in the room had started whispering seeing that their alpha was quiet.

"Silence!"

His voice echoed throughout the room. Everyone stopped and stood dead still in the room, waiting for their alpha's next command.

"Who is the woman standing beside me to you all?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Selena's neck snapped towards him. The family took a few steps forward and Ileana put a hand on Xavier's shoulder.

"Xavier, what are you doing?" She whispered in vain; everybody heard her.

"What is she to you, Ileana? How important is she to you?" Xavier asked again, this time, he took hold of Selena's hand, while he repeated and looked at her sister. Selena flushed in slight embarrassment as Ileana looked at her and her eyes softened.