Chapter 32:- Options and Choices

"Nothing's gonna be the same again"

Certain times come in our lives when we get exactly what we want. It is very rare, but it happens.

When Ryan had told Selena to lead the pack, she was shocked; she hadn't expected it at all. Then the feeling of horror took over. Her first thought was, 'Is he crazy?'

These were the people that witnessed her being abused for weeks and would have done so for longer if she hadn't reacted the way she did.

And then, it felt like it was the time for redemption. Xavier had stripped her off of her alpha title, he made her a demoted omega. Now, she was finally getting a chance to prove herself.

She was walking down the corridor and down the stairs in no time.

Since Damien had told them about his training in India, a question has been eating her head up. If Damien trained in India, under the watch of the best of the best there, why was his pack's fighting skills not as developed as that of The Lunar Eclipse's?

Before she could leave to go to the training field, she found him outside the packhouse, leaning on the wall and looking towards the forest.

Selena went ahead and stood beside him, her arms crossed in front of her chest and looking into the forest, thinking how to bring it up.

"You got to throw us out of the pack," he said.

"You still stuck on that idea," she commented.

"I am."

"But why?"

"I told you, Selena, Stacy needs to stay here for you to keep an eye on her. Adriana is the best tracker."

Selena still looked at him with worry and confusion and didn't utter a word.

Damien smiled sadly, "I know you're not dumb. The sirens should have ringed earlier than they did during the attack and I have no doubt that Stacy had something to do with it."

"Adriana is the tracker, why you?"

"I am not letting her go alone when it concerns the hunters. Moreover, the pack needs to think that we have been thrown out. They can't know that we are out for a different reason."

She sighed, "Your son will kill me."

"He'll understand. Change the patrolling times and increase security. We will be back as soon as we have the answers we are looking for. Stacy cannot know the real reason behind us leaving or the hunters will know too. We cannot afford that," he said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I hate this."

"Not more than me, trust me on that," he smirked.

"I'm not even sure if this is the right way to go about it." Selena chuckled humorlessly.

"That's your best shot at safety right now."

Damien had become more like a father to her in these few months' time. He and Adriana had treated her like their own daughter.

"Talk to him. Make him understand," he whispered. When he saw her brows furrowing he continued, "Stacy is standing at the door spying on us."

Adriana came and stood beside Damien but he had a hard expression on his face, "I'm not staying in a pack which has lost its morals. Raping she-wolves, so many traitors, I am disgusted with it, and all of it began with your arrival."

"That's what you believe?" she asked dumbfounded. Selena knew he had to say something harsh but she didn't expect it to hurt this much.

"That's what we both believe. I am not staying in this pack. Adriana and I are leaving. We want nothing to do with this pack anymore."