Chapter 43:- Becoming One (I)

"Wouldn't want you to draw blood now, would we?"

There are moments in our life, when the thing that we have hoped for, the thing we were ready to fight tooth and nail for, is suddenly handed over to us. The level of happiness reaches the stars and it becomes hard to control the excitement bursting through our veins.

We feel like we are on cloud nine.

That is exactly what Xavier was feeling at that moment. He didn't mind his body pressing down his mate's against the bed, but he made sure that he didn't crush her as he distributed his weight on his two elbows.

Selena, on the other hand, was having none of it. She pulled Xavier down against her and initiated a tongue war. Xavier groaned when he felt Selena's need through her frantic and rushed movements. Even the air in the room reeked of both their arousal.

Selena was too busy with getting acquainted with every inch of Xavier's mouth. Just as her tongue continued its exploration inside his mouth, her hands wandered up and down his back, pulling his shirt up signaling to her mate how she wanted it gone.

Xavier pushed himself back but was still hovering over Selena with his elbows and knees on two sides of her. Selena used this time to get some air into her tortured lungs but her eyes never once moved away from Xavier's. They were hooded with lust, hazed, mirroring Xavier's own eyes.

The slight silver glow in both of their eyes made it very clear that the beasts were there too, right by the side of their humans. Xavier rested his weight on his knees and raised both of his hands while one went behind his head. He hooking the collar of the t-shirt he was wearing with his fingers and pulled it off in one go.

Selena gulped, her eyes dropped from her mate's eyes. Painfully slowly, they whisked past his shapely nose, full lips, until she noticed the pulsing of the vein in his neck. It was then that she noticed the sound of his heartbeat.

A small smile graced her lips when she realized that she had the same effect on him that he had on her.

Her legs tried to close further which was impossible as she already had them pressed together tightly. Lust was filling up the entire room. Even in that moment of Haze, Xavier didn't miss the strange uncomfortable look that washed over Selena's face. If he hadn't been looking at her so intently he would have missed it and it worried him.

"Look at me," he leaned down, one hand beside her head and the other one held her chin to make her look at him, "We don't have to do this if you don't want to, We can wait."

We can't, Selena wanted to say, she felt this urgent need to be one with Xavier, but she couldn't explain it.

Maybe it was because of the sudden realization that she didn't even know her own identity, or maybe because she felt that everything in her life was changing and she wanted to be sure that what she had with Xavier wouldn't change.

"I want this."

Xavier stared at her for a few seconds even after her confirmation. The alpha couldn't brush off his instinct telling him that something was wrong, even his wolf was not howling in happiness as he had always imagined the beast would in this situation.

However, for once, he decided to trust his mate. Selena looked sure, there was no doubt in her eyes.

He knelt back up and this time pulled Selena up with him.

As soon as both were face to face, Xavier attached their lips. A little tongue here, little teeth there, and the sound of moans and groans filling up the room... the atmosphere was buzzing with energy.