Chapter 15:- What Begins in Anger Ends in Shame

"...now it's time to make some decisions as a mate."

Ryan had told Ileana to stay with Selena and let him and Xavier know as soon Dr. Stevens said anything and he had followed Xavier and Connor. He's Selena's older brother and there is a high probability of him attacking Xavier for everything that happened to Selena here.

Will that be irrational of Connor?

No.

And Ryan knew that. But he was still loyal to his alpha, he knew that Xavier regrets whatever happens and most importantly, he knows that he loves her.

Moreover, there were so many things that were happening in the pack unbeknownst to the alpha and as a beta, he needed to inform Xavier.

He knocked on the door of Xavier's office and waited until his alpha linked him to come in.

The atmosphere inside the room was tense, just as Ryan had expected.

Xavier was sitting in his chair and Connor was on the other side of the table.

"What the hell happened here, Alpha Xavier?" Connor spoke first.

Generally, Connor calling Xavier by his title would be a sign of respect, but at that point, Xavier knew there was no respect in that.

He messed up, big time, he would have to earn the respect of his mate's brother, and his mate as well.

Xavier took a deep breath and he began talking. He narrated the whole incident from the very beginning.

He started with the attack on the Lunar Eclipse, he told Connor, as much as he knew about the one year when Selena was captured by the hunters. He told her how they found each other.

Xavier stayed for a while but then Connor kept his constant glare on Xavier and it wasn't hard to guess that Connor knew it wasn't the whole story.

Xavier stayed quiet for a while because he wanted to go check on Selena. He had wasted enough time being stupid and he knows that now. He still hasn't found any proof but he can bet his life on the fact that the emotions he saw in her face that day were not fake.

Xavier began again, this time, from the moment Stacy brought him the video. He told everything that he said, everything that Selena had said, he told how he had been going around every day trying to find some proof and failed.

His voice broke several times but he went on, Connor deserved to know why his little sister was on the hospital bed.

By the time Xavier finished and looked up at Connor, he had expected to be greeted with black, angry eyes. Surprisingly though, they were still the normal colour but the anger in Connor's eyes was clear.

This guy was a clear example of how much training one has to undergo to go live among humans for a long time.

His shoulders shook and his fists were clenched. Xavier felt ashamed of himself. His feelings were so strong that even if Connor had tried to kill him, he wouldn't have defended himself; in his eyes, he deserves it for treating his mate like that.

"Actually, that wasn't all," Ryan whispered, but they both heard him.

"What?" Xavier asked, looking straight at his beta.

"I tried to tell you, Alpha, but you were always out, but Stacy had made her life very painful here. They treated her like a slave, they bullied her, hurt her, didn't let her eat properly."

Before Xavier could say anything, Connor stood up, and went to his backpack and pulled out a couple of CDs and kept them on the table.

"Since videos seem to be the only thing you believe in, play them," he said, his voice cold. He was trying really hard to not lash out.