Chapter 45:- Love, Young And Old

"Within a blink, she was gone and I was left behind."

Sunlight flooded through the windows and fell on Xavier's face. He frowned and rubbed his eyes. With a yawn and a deep groan, he opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Selena lying beside him.

She was facing away from him as he hugged her from behind. Her steady breaths sounded like purrs to his ears and a small smile graced Xavier's lips when he noticed the skin of her back almost glowing under the skin.

He remembered how smooth the skin felt under his hands last night and leaned in to lay a gentle kiss on her shoulder.

'Well, I am pretty sure she is tired after the rigorous workout.'

Xavier smirked on hearing his wolf and his eyes fell on the midnight blue mark on her neck. The bite mark was healed now, accompanied by a small picture of the side profile of a howling Zion.

He smirked and rested his chin on her shoulder lightly. Softly kissing on her shoulder again, he got up carefully, trying not to wake her up. Once he was out of bed, he hurried to stand in front of the mirror. There on his neck was his mate's mark, and the picture of Izzy just as Xavier had expected. What shocked him was the mark was purple in colour.

The tattoo of the marks depended a lot on the strength of the werewolves too. The howling side profile usually referred to the strongest wolves. The mark of the betas, gammas and very strong warriors often varied between the front profile of the wolves with their hackles raised and the tattoo of the teeth and fangs. If a wolf suddenly gained a lot of strength, its mating mark might change too, but both the wolf and the mate will be able to feel it. 

"I am guessing this has to do with her witch."

With a single nod to acknowledge his wolf, Xavier went back to the bed and sat down on the side which Selena was facing. He softly caressed her face with his fingers, and his fingers slowly went down to the mark, appreciating it, when Selena slightly shivered.

Xavier instantly moved his hand back, not wanting to wake her up. He had forgotten that was a sensitive spot.

The girl groaned and opened her eyes. She smiled first, but then she groaned.

"Hey," Xavier kissed the side of her head, "You okay?"

"Pain..." she groaned and curled in, "Cold and Pain."

"Maybe both of them have to do with the fact that you are naked?" Xavier smirked.

Selena's eyes widened.

Xavier chuckled but it didn't last long as Selena hurried to stand up but her legs crumbled under her and Xavier had to hold her up.

She groaned again, and leaned her head on Xavier's chest, "We mated."

"We did..."

Selena never, NEVER, imagined that she'd be one to be shy, "I can't walk."

"Just wait a second before you try again." Xavier rubbed her back.

Selena sighed and waited for a second. She looked up at his face and leaned up to kiss him. Her eyes now fell on the mark.

"Do you like it?" She asked hesitantly.

"I love it. Do you wanna see yours?"

When she nodded, they both walked to the front of the mirror. Xavier lowered the blanket which Selena had wrapped around her. He lowered them on both sides, revealing her neck and her shoulders.

As Selena looked at her mark in wonder, Xavier wrapped one of his hands around her chest, and one around her waist. He kissed the other shoulder and Selena closed her eyes in pleasure.