Chapter 26:- Allies

"What the hell happened?"

The curtains on the windows were pulled apart in the morning. As the sun peeped from through the clouds, it fell through the window and landed on her face.

Selena groaned from the slight disturbance the light caused. Instantly, someone was by her side.

"Hey... hey, it's okay. Selena?" Connor's voice greeted her.

She slowly worked on opening her eyes before she started blinking to get used to the brightness and to get rid of the slight pain. However, the uncomfortable feeling in her eyes was not even close to the throbbing pain in her chest and stomach.

"What the hell happened?" She, while she tried to get her eyes to stop blinking.

"Wolfsbane mixed with some other herb. The other herb itself is not poisonous to us but it increases the poison of Wolfsbane. Oleander," Connor answered as he held the glass of water towards her.

"As far as I know, in this area Oleander is found only in..."

"The town next to ours; there are a few shops there that sell both Wolfsbane and Oleander." Connor finished.

Selena took a drink of water and then looked at the mirror opposite her bed. For some reason, there is a mirror opposite to the bed in the hospitals in Xavier's pack. She couldn't figure out the reason behind this even if her life depended on it.

However, when her eyes hit the mirror, she looked at her face, which was a bit pale, and tried to stop the thoughts from forming a maze in her head.

They tried to kill her.

Did they plan to actually kill or was this just a scare?

"Damien thinks it's Stacy."

Selena looked back to meet Connor's eyes, "Is he sure?"

"He thinks he is. Stacy has not been in the packhouse since that day you were hospitalized and Damien had a conversation with her before she left."

Selena sighed, "I wonder how much she actually has to do with all of this and why."

Connor too nodded his head and Selena looked at him.

"How long was I out?"

"Three days. Mason said that you were lucky the poison hadn't reached your brain yet, or else it would be impossible to save you," Connor said, his voice trembling slightly towards the end.

She held his hand and smiled with a slight smirk, "You are not getting rid of me that easily."

Connor too smirked but Selena could easily see the worries behind it, "I'd appreciate that."

Selena smiled back. "When can I leave?"

"Right now," he said but sounded confused, "Yeah, Doctor Stevens just said you're weak due to the effect of the poison but your wolf has already healed you. You're okay to leave, you just have to be safe and calm for a few days."

Selena sighed and nodded before sitting up, "Let's go then. We've got a traitor to find and a beta to thank."

Connor chuckled and helped her up.

They met Mason on their way out who agreed that Selena is fit enough to be discharged, allowing both of the siblings to walk into the packhouse.

They had just entered the lobby when they saw Stacy on her way out.

"I see you made it," she said in a bored tone.

"Did you do it?" Connor asked, anger seeping through his words.