Chapter 35:- A Step Towards The Right Direction

"...please let me make things right"

When Selena and Xavier reached the packhouse, they both headed straight to the office. The atmosphere was rather awkward. Xavier opened the door of the office for her as she walked in with him right behind her.

Little moves like these that Xavier did reminded her of the time before all this drama happened, of the time when he showed that he cared.

Xavier's eyes followed his mate as she went to stand by the window.

"We have called Lorcan," Selena said, still facing away from him.

Xavier lowered his eyes and stepped forward, not stopping until he was right beside her.

"He's here already?"

She nodded, "He came with another witch, his girlfriend I think."

"Damn, he finally found someone."

Selena didn't answer.

They both stood there silently, still staring at the woods. Xavier stole a few glances at her. Selena could feel his eyes on her, but not knowing what to say or what exactly he wanted to say, she decided to not acknowledge it.

The tension between the two of them was making both of them extremely uncomfortable. All Xavier wanted right at that moment was to hold her, kiss her, and show her how extremely sorry he was for everything that they went through.

'DO THAT THEN!!' Zion screamed, the wolf hadn't touched his mate in forever, he was losing his senses.

'No!' Xavier screamed back internally, 'I can't just kiss her out of the blue.'

'Why not, she's our mate,' the wolf whined.

'She is, but I messed up, I need to apologize.'

'Then apologize, moron,' he whined again, 'just get me my mate back.'

Xavier sighed and completely turned sideways, now facing her. The movement was so abrupt that it caught her but surprise and she too turned to look at him, resulting in both of them staring at each other in a comical way, with their eyes wide open.

'Uh... what's happening?' Izzy asked, just as confused as all the four consciences now present in the room.

"I am so sorry," Xavier blurted out, making Selena raise an eyebrow.

"Did something happen?" she asked confused, concern lacing her voice.

"A lot of things did," Xavier whispered and his eyes softened, "I gave in to things that I shouldn't have. I believed a video over something that you told me; I took an impulsive decision, hurting a lot of people who are important to me." He took her hand in his.

Selena tensed slightly but she didn't pull her hand back, she stared right back at his eyes.

"I shouldn't have impulsively demoted you, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt, you didn't deserve all these."

"Xavier..."

"No, please let me."

She closed her eyes, allowing him to continue.

"My pack, my grandparents built this pack from nothing. It means a lot to me. To know that my mate might be a danger to it," he paused, his eyes rapidly moving all over her face, "it was a terrifying thing to even imagine. I didn't know what to do."

"So you gave up on me?" She asked, after a long time without concealing the hurt tone.

"No," he replied instantly, bringing in his other hand and placing it on her cheek and took a step forward, "I never gave up on you."