Chapter 46:- Haunting Past

"Time to practice some Abra Kadabra."

Xavier and Selena laid on the bed wrapped in each other's arms. The only light in the room came from the moon through the window. Xavier had his arms protectively around Selena while she laid still with her head and palm on his chest.

"It was Leon's idea to keep me alive."

Xavier's hold tightened on her. His protective desires woke up as he pulled her even closer to him.

Selena closed her eyes. She knew she couldn't lock back the memories any longer. Finally, she lowered the barrier she had created and all the memories came rushing back.

Izzy whimpered quietly and Selena even felt the other consciousness sit silently for once.

"I was never given any piece of clothing in that cave. Leon preferred to keep me naked. I think it was because of the experiments they did on me. They caused me to transition into my wolf randomly and he couldn't afford to have me tear off every clothe he gave me. But he had once said it was to make me feel vulnerable and beneath than him. Not gonna lie, for a while, his plan worked just fine."

Xavier growled and Selena rubbed his chest comfortingly. They were both trying their best to comfort each other in their own way. While Xavier could feel his temper rising, never once did his thumb stop rubbing her skin soothingly.

"You stayed naked in a cave for two years?"

Selena nodded, "It was cold, but I had a rag to cover myself up."

"What experiments?" Xavier asked. The movement of the thumb was now overtaken by his whole hand. He felt the goosebumps on her skin. The reaction was instant as he tried to warm her up.

Selena sighed, half in pleasure because of Xavier's contact with her and half for the things she will have to go into now.

She remained quiet, thinking over all the things she would have to say, but didn't have the heart to. Xavier had told her that he would wait. But she wanted this, she felt it was about time that he knew.

'You can just think about it all in details,' Izzy whispered softly, 'Just let the barrier down, he will know.'

"They used Wolfsbane on me."

Selena sat up and rested her back against the headboard. The only connection these two had was Xavier's hand which tightly held on to hers.

"They cut me with silver and sprayed my cuts with Wolfsbane. Sometimes, they would make me drink it, all because they wanted to see how fast I healed or how consuming wolfsbane affected us wolves."

Xavier sat up too. He sat in front of her and looked at her. Selena stared at him and slowly, she let the barrier down, letting the memories rush back to her.

Xavier gripped her hand again, their eyes were still unwavering on each other.

Xavier saw everything. The way the memories travelled through Selena's mind, it was like Xavier was watching a movie. He saw the things happening through Selena's eyes.

____|~.~|____

The person was curled up on the floor. Her fingers felt the rough surface of the ground she was on. A ragged sigh left her mouth as the dirt on the ground swirled with the air she breathed out. The darkness ebbed away slowly as she blinked her eyes open.

Apart from the dim light that came from the end of the corridor, the whole room was dark, some sort of a basement maybe. She looked down on herself only to find herself completely naked. With furrowed brows, she looked around, trying to find out where she was. As a werewolf, nudity didn't bother her very much, and moreover, her focus was on finding out where the hell she was.