Chapter 29:- Turn of Events

A little note:

Uh, it might be too far into the story but better late than never right? Thanks to all of you who actually took your time to read this story. We are almost halfway through.

Now, I wanna say that even though I try my best to check the whole chapter for mistakes before uploading, sometimes I do miss out on one or two. Please don't let it deter it from continuing the story. I will correct those eventually.

Once again, I appreciate you all taking your time with this story, happy reading! <3

Back to the story now...

____|~.~|____

"...I'm gonna do it my way."

Selena had had a good night's sleep that night. Sharing the memories with the people whom she considered her family now was like lifting a weight off her chest.

When she sat up that morning, for a second she allowed her mind to wonder about Xavier...

What is taking him so long?

When will he return?

Is everything okay there?

Selena scoffed when she realized how obsessive she was behaving. With a shake of her head, she went to take a shower. But somehow her thoughts had taken over her brain and she found herself using her phone to dial Aiden.

"Hello?" He picked up after three rings.

"Hey, how's it going there?" Selena asked, trying to seem casual.

"It's going well actually, but a rogue attack in this pack held us back," Aiden sighed, "I don't know how long it will be before we can be back."

"That's okay. You are all doing well though right?"

If they could see each other's faces, Selena would have seen the slight smile on Aiden's face. After the whole de-ranking incident, anytime Selena showed her care and concern for him or the family gave him some relief, a little hope, and colossal respect for the girl.

"We are all fine. Evelyn is spending most of her time with the trackers. I think she might be interested in becoming a pack tracker." Aiden stopped a second, "Now that I think about it, she talks to mom a lot about what it is like to be a tracker."

"That's nice."

"Yeah, I am going around helping the patrolling teams with a good schedule and Xavier is busy with Alpha Parker."

"Right."

"Do you wanna talk to him?"

"No," Selena replied instantly, "I have to go for breakfast, just wanted to see how things were going." Aiden was going to speak again but Selena spoke up, "Take care, Aiden. We'll talk later."

Selena took a deep breath and headed towards the dining room. She joined Ileana and as soon as she settled down, Ryan came in and joined them.

"Hello, mate!" he chirped and kissed Ileana's cheeks. Selena rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the smiling spreading across her face.

She looked at them lightheartedly as they interacted when her memories from last night came rushing back.

These people love their alpha a lot. Damien had played a huge role, along with Xavier, to make this pack the strongest in the world. It is obvious that most of these people, if not all, would lay their lives for this family.