Chapter 39:- Mine

"I'll kill him,"

Aiden was still lost in his own thoughts, looking at the woods, while Jayce was standing by the back door, looking at him. Aiden didn't know what he was waiting for, he just didn't feel like going inside yet.

Jayce, on the other hand, was having an internal conversation with his wolf.

'What are you waiting for?' Eliseo said, 'Go to him.'

'I don't know what to say to him...'

Eliseo sobered and became curious, 'What's wrong human?'

'Lila...' Eliseo growled at Jayce, making him stop.

'That bitch was never our mate,' the wolf growled

'Then why did I feel so?'

"It might have to do something with the interruption of a witch." Jayce turned around instantly to come face to face with Lorcan. "Hey, I am Lorcan Vyris, the warlock associated with this pack."

"How did you..."

Lorcan smiled at Jayce's wide eyes, the amusement covering up the previous sympathy he felt for the wolf, "You were speaking out loud."

Jayce still looked at Lorcan with confusion, but voiced the question in his mind, "What did you mean by the 'interruption of a witch'?"

Lorcan looked at the man who had suffered without a reason and wondered how to say the words to him.

"Your pack, the Lunar Eclipse, had a... a complicated relationship with what was previously my coven of witches. I had gotten news a few years back that the leader of the coven was planning something like this, but I didn't know who they were targetting."

"So... you're saying that Lila..."

"She was not your mate," Lorcan nodded, "A witch from that coven had cast a spell so that you feel the pull of attraction towards her. That's what you had felt, it wasn't the true bond."

"But... we have a child though. You very rarely have a child with someone who isn't your mate."

Lorcan nodded, "Agreed, but in the case of homosexual wolves, it is different. Werewolves don't have fertility problems, but surrogacy is still not completely out of the option. However, not all werewolves are comfortable with this idea. They are too possessive to even consider this. But some do. It's rare but not unheard of."

"Aiden is my mate then," Jayce said and Lorcan nodded his head, "Then I cheated him by being with Lila."

"Jayce," Lorcan said quite firmly, just to get his attention, "You didn't know. You were under a spell."

Jayce took a deep breath before he spoke, "When did you know?"

"When I saw you... I saw the hatred in your eyes when you told Selena about Lila. She was a rogue wolf, under a spell, helping the hunters. If she was your mate, you would have had sorrow, all there I could feel from you was hate."

Jayce nodded.

"Wow...: Jayce sighed but that look didn't last long and Lorcan could see the self-loathing take over, "Okay so now, what do I do and tell him? Hey I am your mate but I didn't even recognize my own mate, so now here I am with my son?"

Lorcan was going to say something, but he stopped. There wasn't anything he could say, or he could...

"Guys?"

Both the men looked out the door to find Aiden there looking at them confused, "Is everything okay?"

Lorcan smiled at Aiden and walked back, leaving Jayce and Aiden there, all alone.