Chapter 20:- Mending A Few Things

"I don't know what I am doing anymore"

"The hunters were trying to cause conflict among ourselves by framing you," Damien spoke while leaning against the room.

Ryan, who entered just as Adriana left, stood leaning by the door.

"Is that what he believes now?" Selena scoffed. "It took for me to nearly die for him to believe that I was not betraying him... nice." She chuckled softly which later turned into a smirk. Everyone in the room looked at one another when she turned silent again.

'Will she be okay?' Ileana asked her dad through their mind link.

'Honestly, I don't know.'

"You take care, sweetheart," Damien said as he stood and walked to Selena. He leaned down and kissed her head before speaking again, "I am gonna go take a stroll."

With a last smile to everyone, Damien walked out and he also eyes Ryan, giving him the hint to follow him, leaving Selena with Ileana.

"Selena?" Someone rushed into the room, surprising Selena and Ileana, however, what surprised them more was that the person was Stacy. "Oh my god, I am so sorry!"

Stacy had a worried look on her face but Selena just looked at her blankly, Izzy was already up and about in her mind and for some reason, Izzy felt restless. It was nothing related to the arrival of Stacy. But the vibe Selena was giving her reminded her of before the attack, and the wolf was ecstatic.

"I am so sorry that you didn't die while trying to shift. God, that would have made things so much easier for me as well as Xavier." She rolled her eyes and Selena looked at her almost amused.

Selena was amused because Stacy clearly hadn't seen Ileana and what struck her was she should have at least acknowledged the scent of the other female. Another fact was that she now knew that all the bullshit Stacy had been feeding her was not true. And even if it was, she wasn't about to give a damn anymore.

"I appreciate all you did, you know," Selena said, shocking Ileana as well as Stacy who stared back at her. Izzy raised her hackles because of the disrespectful way Stacy was staring but the human didn't pay any heed to it, there was no need for unnecessary drama.

Selena continued, "It must have taken a long time to plan all this out. But, thanks to your schemes, it doesn't matter anymore. Indifference took its course." Selena smirked. Stacy observed her expressions carefully but there was nothing she could make out of it, "I do not care what happens anymore. I'm done with the drama."

"That's good. I guess you can leave then. Cause I promise you drama if you stay here," she said in a sing-song voice.

Selena chuckled. "Let me explain things a bit," she said like she was talking to a child, "When I said done, I meant that I'm done being the victim. You be prepared now, you have seen me post my trauma, when I was all soft and sweet."

Stacy raised an eyebrow and Selena rolled her eyes.

"Don't think for a second that you know me. The person that you have seen till now is only a small percentage of who I am. You haven't seen the real me. The Selena you saw was scared to make a mistake, to lose what she had just received. This one," she pointed at herself, "Doesn't give a fuck. So yes, Stacy, be prepared. You won't even know what hit you." She said smiling at her sweetly.

Stacy tried to keep the smirk on but the fear was still on her face. She didn't forget the fact that the wolf she was facing was supposed to be an alpha, and it did nothing to help her confidence.

She turned around, only to see Connor and Evelyn at the door, Connor glaring at her and Evelyn smirking, and it was then that she noticed Ileana sitting on the couch, only now noticing that she had been there all along.