Chapter 14:- Back from the Past

New character in this chapter!! I think you guys will love this. Someone really needs to talk to Xavier.

____|~.~|____

"What the fuck did you do to my sister?"

The two men now looked at the three girls lying on the floor as soon as Selena was out. Ryan wanted to smile too but he held it in. He glared at Stacy instead and Xavier was already furious.

Stacy could feel the dominant and angry aura in the room and it sent chills down her spine. She stood up somehow as did her friends. She stole a glance at Ryan but then her eyes were stuck on Xavier.

"I... We were n-not... It's not..."

"Stacy," Xavier said calmly, "Leave."

"Xavier I swear..."

"I said leave my room, Stacy," he let Zion make an appearance.

If Stacy was in her wolf form, she would have run out with her tail between her legs.

Ryan smiled but he didn't make a sound, he then turned to look at his alpha. There was a lot they still had to work on.

Xavier sat down on the chair as he looked at his visibly trembling hands. He couldn't believe what he just said to her. How could he have said that? How did he let himself believe that?

He didn't have proof, which was a very weird thing itself, if Stacy found proof so easily, shouldn't there be more evidence against his mate? He didn't find anything. The moment when the reality of what he stuck himself into hit Xavier was the moment Selena seemed to wish he wasn't her mate.

Xavier would much rather spend the rest of his life with his soul mate. He would rather wake up in the arms of his mate and spend a fun day together than stay mate-less and look after a pack. But he was bound by responsibility. Add to this that he loved his job.

"Will things ever get back to normal, Ryan?" he asked his best friend. The alpha had subsided for now.

"I cannot," Ryan paused, what would he say, that he didn't think he had a chance with Selena anymore? He sighed, he'd rather not break his best friend, "I think you have to make a huge amount of effort."

Xavier looked at his friend. Ryan looked at his best friend's eyes. It hurt to see his best friend so broken, but a few things needed to be said, "I think you were stupid. It was very stupid of you to trust Stacy over your own mate. I know what you are gonna say. I saw the evidence. But something didn't feel right from the very first moment. I saw Selena that night, I saw her bruises, she was beaten mercilessly and she was malnourished, she was half dead when she came to us."

Xavier closed his eyes, "I need to make things right. I don't know how but I need to make things right."

"Yeah, you do, boss."

There was no scope for any more conversation as a loud, blood-curling scream cut through them. Xavier recognized the voice instantly within the next second he was out the door with Ryan right behind him.

They half-ran and half jumped down the stairs until they ran out the main door and into the dark of the night. The area had some light and they could already see a lot of the pack members already standing there.

Xavier stood still for only a second as he took in the scene but then he was instantly by the curled up human on the ground. Xavier gently picked her up and sat right there with her close to him.

He linked the chief pack doctor. Dr. Mason Stevens didn't waste any time in reaching the spot. The pack hospital was close to the packhouse and Xavier was never gladder about the way his territory was designed. It almost looked like a small town surrounded by the woods, a little bit away from the main city.