Chapter 6:- First Mistake

"I just... I fucked up"

Selena had been all smiles ever since her conversation with the alpha. She never thought she'd be meeting her mate so soon after leaving her captors. But she was damn proud that Xavier didn't seem like one to hurry her to mate with him, and she couldn't be any happier about that.

It was dinner time when of the same day and Selena had finally decided to go to the dining room to eat. Till now, she didn't feel like going out, she was not ready for those stares that she was about to get yet.

Currently, she was very happy. She felt like she was ready to get out of her room and face the people. While she standing in front of the mirror, she saw one of the faint bruises on her arm that was still there.

'You look good, girl!' Izzy said smirking a bit, making her human blush. Izzy let out a chuckle, she found it hilarious that the alpha female who has killed so many rouges can also blush so hard on the mention of her mate.

Suddenly, Selena's eyes widened. She just realized that the main reason why she went to talk to the alpha was still unanswered, she still needed to talk to Xavier about training.

After a few more minutes of self-assurance, Selena walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and the dining room which was also on the ground floor.

Her eyes immediately found her mate, sitting on a table and eating. He also immediately found her in the room. His lips quirked up in an almost smile when he stopped and looked back at his food, someone beside him was animatedly telling him something.

'Tell me again why you guys decided to keep it a secret?' Izzy asked sarcastically. She strongly believed that since they were both alphas, they could do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect the pack badly.

Selena sighed, even though she wanted to defend their actions, she couldn't completely deny that she wasn't happy with this.

She wanted to spend time with her mate without worrying about who sees them.

Sighing, Selena went to the counters to take her food. She sat on a table away from Xavier's but she could also get a clear view of his table. She chose to look around and not stare at Xavier.

She found Ryan and Ileana, they were just standing by the counter, their plates in their hands, looking around. Of course, they were confused about whether to sit by their alpha or join this friend for once.

Ileana whispered something to Ryan and walked towards Selena with a smile, which in turn made her smile too. Ryan was about to walk to Xavier's table, but he paused. Selena didn't notice but Xavier connected with Ryan over their mind link and told him to stay with her. Xavier couldn't be there with her. But he wanted her to be with someone he could trust. Who better than his sister and his best friend?

Ryan sat down beside Ileana with a smirk as he looked at Selena. Selena was confused for a while, but then again, isn't Ryan close to Xavier as his beta? And Hell Ileana is his sister! She mentally face-palmed as realisation hit her. Her eyes widened as she looked at them both, "You both knew!"

Ileana chuckled and Ryan's smirk widened, "So how did the conversation go, Luna?" Ryan asked.

Selena immediately looked around, glad to have chosen a seat that was away from the others. She signalled them both to keep it low before she told them their whole conversation. Selena needed someone to rely on, and Ryan had been her best friend here till now. She had no reason to hide.

The way both of them frowned, Selena could very well understand that they didn't agree to it.

Ryan was extremely confused, and so was Ileana.