~Chapter- 29~

Everything fell a little in place after Arjun told me the truth of his past

Everything fell a little in place after Arjun told me the truth of his past. We both didn't leave my room that whole day and stayed in my room talking and talking. That day I got to know another side of Arjun which he hides away. I understood how he masks away the pain, the guilt he feels to this day about what happened to Anjali. I never saw Arjun crying. This was the first time I have seen him crying that too this hard. I held him in my arms the whole day and let him get it all out. I let him talk and talk about all the memories, good and bad that he locked away in the deepest columns of his heart.

I wish I could meet Anjali. The way Arjun described her....I know she held and still holds a special place in his heart. Listening about her made me feel like we would have been really good friends if she was alive. I admire and respect her for being so brave even when she was getting abused and beaten. My heart clenched when I heard of the way she died. That asshole deserves nothing but pain. I never thought I would sy this but I wish I can strangle him with my own hands. I wish he feels all that pain Anjali felt when she was dying. I never knew I can be this hostile towards someone whom I have never even met.

After staying that night in my room we left to our home the next morning. Arjun was adamant on taking me home stating that he missed me too much to let me stay another nanosecond away from me. Dramatic much don't you think?!

It's been a few days since his confession. Our lives felt normal. We fell back on the same routine of going to work and coming back home. Except for the bodyguards trailing me wherever I go. Yes! My dear husband appointed four bodyguards for me who always tag behind me. Even at work they guard my door and it is creepy. I mean no offense I respect and admire the though but seriously four!? Isn't it too overboard?

And when I said the same to Arjun he said in his dominating alpha male tone that either I take the bodyguards with me or I don't go out of the home. I was pissed but I controlled knowing why he is doing that. And since then the bodyguards go wherever I go. Worse part is that they don't speak a word and I am talkative! It's so awkward when we travel in car with that tensed serious silence. And they are so alert and cautious everywhere I go.

I won't lie even I am cautious. Life sometimes seemed so......dangerous. The feeling of someone out there trying to hurt me is......terrifying no matter how I try to reassure myself that I am safe and at home.
And to add to that I have been feeling sick since a few days and I haven't been able to concentrate on anything. I haven't told Arjun because I didn't want him to be more worried than he already is. Even though he shows how he is okay I know it's affecting him more than he is letting on. He is scared of that asshole trying to hurt me or someone from our family. And I didn't want to burden him more with my random stomach bugs or flu.

Right now I am making breakfast for everyone and Ma was helping me. Ma was so happy when I came back to our house and when she got to know that Arjun confided in me. We are currently making french toast and omlette for everyone and suddenly I felt dizzy. I held onto the counter tightly and Ma noticed.