~Chapter- 25~

Waiting and waiting

Waiting and waiting.....I have been waiting since morning for Arjun. I have tried calling him but his phone is switched off. I tried to call Abhay or Papa but they didn't pick up the call. I am so worried about him. And a part of me is angry. Why would he go to this extent just to hide from me? If he needed time I would've given him that. For God's sake I would have understood him more than anyone. Why does he need to shut me off this much just to avoid telling me something?

I was pacing in the living room waiting for him and Ma trying to make me stop and go to sleep.

After a while I heard the car sound and sighed.

Finally they are home.

I looked at the main door to see Papa, Abhay and Arjun coming in.

"Sharmila, Adira beta why didn't you both sleep? It's already so late" Papa asked looking at us hesitantly. Almost as if he don't want us to stay awake.

"We were waiting for you Rajeev. Is this the time to come home? You could've even called!" Ma said getting up from her seat and going to Papa.

"We got caught up in work Ma that's why" Abhay said instantly making me feel really suspicious of what's happening.

I looked at Arjun who was silent and who was refusing to meet my eyes. I went towards him and held his arm.

"Arjun....are you okay?" He sucked in a breath and looked at me almost shocked that I am talking to him calmly.

He nodded his head looking at me intensely as if trying to figure out what's in my mind.

His cold response is somehow adding fuel to my anger. I don't get angry easily but what Arjun did is not okay. He completely shut me off when he had no need to. Not wanting to tell me is his wish but he could have atleast given me the chance to tell him that it's okay to take his time.

"Why didn't you answer your phone since morning" I asked calmly trying to calm myself down.

"I was busy" were his words coming of in an emotionless tone.

"That's not an excuse Arjun and you know it. I understand your mood was not good. I also understand you have loads of work. But you have to inform me or Ma or someone at home about it. Do you even know how worried we were? How worried I was? I mean if you were that angry by me just asking you about who that guy was and who that girl ---" I was cut off by his thunderous voice.

"I don't need to tell you anything" his voice roared and everything fell into silence around.

"What?" I asked my voice low in disbelief.

"Who are you that I should tell you something Haan? Just know your limits Adira. You will know what you have to know" his voice was so cold and detached that it broke my heart. I visibly flinched at his tone and I could see a flicker of guilt and regret in his eyes when he noticed that.

"Arjun! Shut your mouth! That is no way to talk to your wife" Papa shouted at him but I couldn't concentrate on that.

Tears sprung to my eyes at his words. I controlled myself to not break down infront of everyone.

I just looked into Arjun's eyes. I can see the pain, the anger, the guilt, the hurt in his eyes. I now know Arjun is hiding something really big. The fact that he is not able to share it with me hurts because I want him to be able to share anything with me. But I know something's are hard to share and it's fine if he wants to take time. But.....he could've told me that instead of spewing words which hurts both of us.

"Umm...It's fine Papa you know how he gets when he is angry. Let's go take rest. It's already so late" I said smiling at everyone even though my heart is aching. I didn't dare look at Arjun and turned around walking go our room not stopping even when Ma was calling me.

I changed immediately as I got into the room and layed down on my side of the bed.

As I covered myself with the blanket I heard the door opening and stilled. Soft footsteps came in and I can hear him breathing heavily standing near the door. I didn't dare turn around. I can't. I couldn't. I don't know how to see him without crying out loud.

I know I have to be mature about this. I know he is angry. But ...... the way he said those words made me feel like an outsider....like I don't matter. I am his wife and he can trust me but instead he chose to go the other way so that he can avoid telling me things.

After standing near the door for a while he went into the bathroom and after a few minutes came out. He layed down on his side and even though we both are laying just next to each other, it feels like we are so apart. Like there is so much distance in between us. I turned around slightly to see his back facing towards me.

I turned back and suddenly tears started pouring out of my eyes. I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from making any sound. My body shakes as tears don't stop coming out. My breath coming out shaky.
My mind wondering how just yesterday we were good and in one day everything changed.

I know he can hear my soft cries but he did not attempt to turn around and comfort me. The fact only making it worse for me.

That night we both lay on the bed facing away from each other and trying to get a wink of peace with our hearts aching to seek comfort in each other.

Hello amazing readers! So double update! Yay!

So, trouble in paradise for our couple! I feel so sad for both of them. And I am super eager to see how the coming day would be for them! Are you eager too?

Do let me know😋