~Chapter- 32~

Blood

Blood.......
Blood.......
And
Blood.......
All over me, allover the ground, all over Adira. There is only blood. My hands are filled with blood and my eyes and brain and heart stopped registering anything other than the blood. I was shook out of my thoughts as a soft hand came up to my cheek. There lay the love of my life in my arms sprawled in her own blood trying to stay conscious. I come out of my trance and rush her into my arms.

"Arjun..." Adira gasps out as she tries to catch her breath.

"You will be fine okay you have to be for everyone, for our family, for me, for us. You have to be fine" My voice trembles looking at her in so much pain.

Shaurya comes in and helps me lift her up and we run to our car. Abhay sat in the driving seat driving in inhumane speed to reach the hospital while Vikram is contacting our families. He is in tears not being able to see his sister in this state but is controlling them for her.

I didn't let Adira close her eyes for one second. I slap her cheeks lightly talking to her and keeping her conscious.

"Arjun--- I need to tell you something" she breathes out clutching me tightly.

"Sweetheart don't talk and waste your energy. We can talk after we get you treated please" I plead to her while she shakes her head. We are pretty near to the hospital and any minute now we might reach.

"No but---" I cut her off.

"No babygirl you are not saying anything stay awake we reached baby just stay..." Before I complete my sentence we reached and I rushed her out and out her on the gurney. Nurses and doctors rushed towards us and led us inside to the ER.

"Please help my wife she is bleeding out" I urge Dr. Kishan who was Adira's doctor before also.

"We will but now we have to take her in and this is as far as you go. We will take care of her don't worry sir" he says taking her in but she stops him and holds my hand tightly.

"Arjun....I....I....am...pregnant" My whole world starts spinning amd before I knew it they took her in fast.

I....am...pregnant
Pregnant....
Pregnant.....
Pregnant.......

That is the only world coursing through my brain right now. She is pregnant. She is fucking pregnant. My wife is pregnant and shot and now my wife and baby both are in the operating room fighting for life and I standing outside here helpless.

I stumble down onto the chair and hold my face in my hands. A hand is placed on my shoulder and the person pulls me into a hug. I don't see who it is I just clutch the person close trying to think of positive things and not give into the what ifs. When I pull back I see it's Vikram and that all the guys are standing around us looking at me in worry. Not only them but our family is here too. Mom came to me and sat down beside me. Her face morphs into horror looking at all the blood on my shirt. I sigh in despair.

"She is pregnant" I murmur in a low tone but I know everybody heard and I know everybody froze hearing me. I look up at them with tears in my eyes.

"She is in there with my baby and they..." I

"Arjun listen Adira, my daughter is strong. She survived many things. And she is stronger than anybody. I know and I believe she will pull through this and survive this together with her baby. She will. She has to. Don't you dare think otherwise" Mom said sobbing pulling me in a hug. I sink into my mother's embrace and let her words sink in. Hoping, wishing, praying for her words to come true.

*****************************************

It's been three hours since they went in and we don't know anything yet. We don't anything about what's going on in there and my mind is going haywire.

After pacing around I sit down and start tapping my leg on the ground impatiently.
I lean on my elbow and close my eyes.

She has to be fine.
She has to be.
Please God please save her. Don't take her away from me. Please.
She wasn't supposed to even be in there.
It was supposed to be me.
Please save her.

As I say those words in my head my thoughts drift back to what happened in the godown.

Flashback:

The fucker escaped from the cop's hands, stole his gun and ran to where we are. I immediately cover Adira and push her behind me.
"I won't let you have her. I won't let you live" he sounded so psychotic and the next thing I know he fired the gun at me. Everybody in the room froze. I closed my eyes tightly but I was thrown aside and the moment I opened my eyes I see Adira laying down in the pool of her own blood. I was shocked, immobilised. I can't move. I didn't know what to do. Adira is shot. And the bullet went in her chest. My life is laying there covered in blood and all I can think of is it's because of me.

Flashback ends....

I was brought back to reality by the sound of the OR door opening. I rush to the doctor as soon as he steps out.

"Dr. Kishan how is my wife?" I shot at him.

"Calm down Mr. Dixit. She is fine. Although I must say her living is a miracle. She coded in the OR two times and we thought we lost her but she fought through. The bullet thankfully missed the main artery otherwise it would have been very hard. She lost a lot of blood but thankfully we injected blood immediately. The baby is also fine. We had our OB Gyn surgeon do a check on both mother and baby. Your wife and baby are survivors Mr. Dixit" Doctor said smiling at me. Although I listened to everything all I can process is that they both are fine.

God! Thank you so much! My wife and my baby are fine. And for the first time that day my heart relaxed.

Hello lovely people! Double update!!!!!
You all wanted the next update fast and I really wanted to make you all happy so here it is!
Now tell me how many of you guessed it was Adira?
How many of you guessed it was Arjun?
And how many of you guessed it was some other person?

Let me know your thoughts please and I also wanted to say that the story is coming to an end. And I appreciate and am so grateful to all my silent readers and all my responsive readers. But my dear silent readers please do vote. It gives me a boost trust me. It makes my day to see you guys voting. Please don't be silent atleast now since it is ending soon. I hope you come out and vote and comment. Thank you again for reading my story it means so much!

 Thank you again for reading my story it means so much!