~Chapter- 33~

Blank

Blank.....all I could see was blank. Beeping sounds reach my ears. I feel restrained. I feel like there are so many wires all over me. I try to open my eyes but I am not able to. I want to raise my hand and touch my belly to check on my baby but I feel paralysed. And then his voice reached my ears.

"Please wake up babygirl. I can't live another day without seeing your eyes. Please wake up for me, for our baby. I love you Adira. Please wake up for me" My heart feels a flutter listening to his tone. It's so detached and broken. I want to reach out and take him into my arms and tell him I am okay but I am unable to move.

Suddenly the door opens and it feels like someone came in.

"What is this Dr. Kishan you said she is fine then why isn't she waking up!? Make her wake up right now or I don't know what I'll do" Arjun literally shouted at who I think is the doctor.

"Listen son, I know what you are feeling. Adira is fine. It's just when she got shot her body went through shock more than it is intended because she was carrying a child. And in that kind of shock the body stresses too much putting effect on both mother and child. So, in order to overcome from that her body is taking as much rest it wants to take to get better" the doctor patiently explains.

Wait...is my baby okay? Is there any complications? What is happening? Before I can think of anything else I slip and I am again taken to the unconscious world.

*****************************************

The feeling of someone snuggling to my side keeping their head on my stomach brings me into consciousness. This time I try and try to open my eyes and by God's grace I succeeded. I open my eyes and adjust my eyes to bright light in the room. The first thing I see is that I am in a hospital and am hooked to several machines. And the next thing I noticed is that the feeling I felt of someone snuggling into me is correct. Arjun is sleeping soundly on my stomach clutching me tightly like a baby. My heart melts at his sight. My poor hubby. I can't imagine what he went through.

The third thing I noticed is that my body hurts like hell. My left shoulder is covered in bandages and my face hurts probably from the slap that idiot gave me.

Even though it pains I lift my right hand caress Arjun's face lightly. As if on hight alert he shoots up and looks at me with wide eyes. I clearly note the differences in him. His face is sullen, his eyes are bloodshot indicating he hasn't been sleeping. He appears so tired that I feel guilty of putting him in this position.

"You... you're awake! You opened your eyes! God you're fine" he hugs me tight and kept on muttering 'thanks' and started kissing all over my face.

"Gosh sweetheart you're awake!" He whispered in relief looking at me.

"I am" I said in a hoarse voice smiling lightly at him.

He brought water for me to drink and made me drink some water. I thought he is gonna sit by me and talk but no how did forget my husband's temper! As soon as he made me drink water his face turned stony.