~Chapter- 23~

Machines beeping, and unfamiliar stimuli all around me woke me up with a gasp

Machines beeping, and unfamiliar stimuli all around me woke me up with a gasp. I squinted my eyes to see I am in an unfamiliar place. After my eyes got a hang of the bright light I looked around the room to see my whole family sitting in the room. And when I say my whole family it means literally everyone including my friends except one person my husband. The hospital room is huge making it look like we all are in a living room rather than a hospital. Oh boy!

Everyone were talking among themselves and I tried calling them out but my voice came out really hoarse and groggy and the sudden movement made me wince in pain.

"Ouch" I winced and that caught everyone's attention.

"Di! You are awake" Mira rushed to my side everyone trailing behind her.

"I'll go call the doctors and Arjun" Arhaan bhai said running out.

"Water" I croaked out just wanting to get my voice straight.

Bhai immediately poured some water in a glass and made me drink it.

"How are you feeling beta?" Ma asked me caressing my hairs.

"I feel sore all over....but better. What happened?" I asked looking around suddenly everyone's faces dimmed making me worried about what happened.

"That--" Sana started but before she can speak the doctor came rushing in and all my family stepped aside to give them space.
Yet, there is no sign of Arjun. Where is he?

"Hello Mrs. Dixit. I am Dr. Kishan. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked me introducing himself.

"I am feeling good doctor just a little bit sore and body cramps" I said smiling lightly at him.

"That's good. A little bit of soreness will be present as you were out for a day" my eyes widened at that. I looked at my family who were looking away from me.

"What ....what happened Dr.?" I asked him the question looming over my head.

"You were poisoned Mrs. Dixit. Someone poisoned you. It was through a poison contact. It seeped into your skin and started spreading inside. Since your family members bought you here fast there was no internal damage or any kind of infections. But you have to be very careful and take lots of rest for atleast a week" The doctor explained examining my vitals.

I was shocked to hear that. Poisoned??....But how? I mean why would someone poison me?..

"There won't be any complications right Dr.?" My dad asked the doctor breaking my thoughts.

"No sir there won't be any complications just a little fatigue which will go away by taking lots of rest and by eating healthy food." The doctor assured my dad.

After examining me again, the doctor left. I turned to my family to ask them about this whole scenario when the door slammed open and in walked the person who I desperately wanted to see since I woke up.