~Chapter- 18~

Weekly and sometimes monthly talk sessions are something which I came up with and got approved by our department chief

Weekly and sometimes monthly talk sessions are something which I came up with and got approved by our department chief. We named it "Little things to know". The main objective of this session is to get a new view, a new perspective on different things in daily life which worry you, which intrigue you, which you want to be better at. We all think we know things but there are some little things we don't notice around us and getting to know them can make a lot of difference in a person's life. Patients that are admitted in the hospital from other wings can come visit the session and even their families or people from outside like general audience can come visit it. Sometimes we take a topic and discuss it and sometimes we start with the questions the audience wants to ask. We try and make it different and interesting each session. This helps in a positive mind adaptation, good mood, quenching thirsts of curious minds, and also in getting a new vision of life. So far our initiative was successful and everytime I hear positive reviews of it, I feel so proud!

I reach the room where we usually hold our sessions and I went in to see our department chief, two of my colleagues, and some patients and their family members and a few general audience too.

I went and greeted my colleagues and chief. We soon started the session with a few questions from the audience about various things related to life and people in general. I have realised that the society even though acts like a know-it-all, they are curious beings lost in the facade of being superior than others and act like snobs. And it not necessarily is the case with everyone. Because some are just like that. People are very curious and I think it's a very good thing. Acquiring knowledge about things around you, about yourself is very important.  After having a nice session everyone bid farewell to meet in the next session and I got up from my seat packing my stuff up. I got a message in my phone where Arjun texted me to come out and that he is waiting for me outside the hospital.

I walked out of the building to see my husband leaning on the car and waiting for me with a smile. As soon as I neared him he pulled me to him making me push him away with wide eyes.

"Arjun how many times did I tell you to not do that outside! People are around!" I admonish him making him pout like a kid.

"Fine fine Madam, let's go so that I can touch you privately at home" he said smirking at me making me shake my head at him. My husband's mind is always in the gutter.

We reached home by 6 and I am so glad that tomorrow is weekend. I can happily enjoy two days without any works to do.
As we reached home we saw Papa, Ma and Abhay sitting in the living room and chatting happily.

"Hi guys!" I said hugging them and sitting down on the sofa beside Ma while Arjun settled beside Abhay.

"Hi beta! How was your day?" Ma asked kissing my forehead.

"It was good Ma. It was very productive and I got a lot of work done so that I won't have work for the weekend" I said smiling at her happily.

"That's great! You are working too much and I can see how tired you are getting" she said caressing my hair.