~Chapter- 5~

"Did you get the file ready as I asked you to do?" I spoke in my rough intimidating voice spoke

"S-sir I w--will get it ready by to-tonight sir"
The person on the other side stuttered fearing his life. And he should, they cannot take me lightly because I can be their worst nightmare.

"If that file is not ready by tonight consider yourself jobless and when I say jobless you will remain as such throughout your entire life" my voice was dangerously low giving me the exact results I wanted to have.

Being in the business world is tough. You have to be tough, calculative, ruthless. And that is why I am known as the "Devil" in the industry. I own a huge business empire 'D' group of Industries, which I have brought to heights with my hard work. People admire me and fear me at the same time. I can get anything with the flick of my finger. After all I am The Arjun Dixit, the king of business.

Yet, I cannot escape this wedding my mother planned to take me to. If there is anyone I would kneel in front of in this whole world that is my mother, Sharmila Dixit. She was invited to some wedding and she pestered me to come along with her and my dad. When I did not succumb she resorted to emotional drama and well, I cannot see my mother crying so here I am attending a wedding instead of peacefully working in my office.

Weddings are a torture! With lots of crowd and noise and not to forget those nagging aunties in Indian weddings who make their sole purpose of life as poking their noses in others business (A/N: don't worry Arjun even I am tired of them doing that!)

Till now I talked to some thirty ladies asking me when I am getting married and producing kids. I don't even know what these people think of themselves asking these ridiculous questions. I mean just because they want to dress up and gossip that doesn't mean they pester other people to get married. I was about to snap at them but one look from my mother I politely smiled gritting my teeth to control myself. Luckily I got a call from my office so I excused myself and breathed in relief.

As I went back to my parents I saw them talking to Anand Singhaniya, the CEO and founder of Singhaniya Industries. He is an inspiration to me. He came from nothing and started his company at 23 and he made it reach heights with his hardwork. And apparently he is a really close friend to my parents and they all used to be really good friends during their college. It came as a surprise to me when my mother introduced us saying this because I don't remember seeing him much in my childhood.

"Hey Arjun you left for a phone call rather urgently. Is everything all right?" Vikram, Anand uncle's son who I have been introduced to asked me. He is, no doubt, a strikingly handsome man. I already knew him before as he controls his father company now and he is an exceptional businessman like his father. In fact we both were about to strike a deal together too.

"Yeah just some idiots not doing their work. Don't worry, I got it under control"

"Sharmila, Rajeev you have seen my two kids but you didn't meet Adira yet, wait I'll call her" Anand uncle said before calling his daughter over here. Anand uncle has three kids. The eldest one is Vikram and the youngest one is.... yeah her name is Mira. She is a bubbly little girl. We didn't yet meet the middle one. Adira.... Hmmm nice name let's see how she is. And right then the girl in question arrived.

Damn it! This girl just blew my mind away! She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and trust me I have seen many pretty girls. They are nothing in front of her. She has brown hazel eyes, her hair is a deep brown color reaching in waves till her waist, she is fair in complexion making me think she might bruise if someone even touches her firmly. Her lips are so full and plump just making me want to devour them, and her body, don't get me started! She has a slim yet curvy body with curves all in the right places. She is looking no less than a Goddess. There is this over powering feeling in my heart to just keep her locked in my arms, away from the world.

Control Arjun! I chastised myself. I have never felt this way about any woman and certainly not at the first time of seeing them.

Her voice will put a nightingale to shame. It is so sweet, and alluring. Okay I am going crazy and creepy.

All throughout the introducing I have seen her checking me out. Good! I am not the only one I thought smirking.

When it was time for us to part I couldn't do it. I couldn't keep my eyes away from her. I don't want to be away from her for some reason but I have no other option.

After that wedding Adira was always in my mind. Just by not seeing her I became more and more cranky and my employees are suffering the brunt of it.

As I reached home on Thursday evening I saw my parents and my brother Abhay was waiting eagerly for me.

"Mom what is the matter? Why are you so eager to see me?"

My parents exchanged a look and my mom came and sat down beside me. She held my hands and softly spoke:

"Arjun.... before I discuss this....just know that we took this decision for you and we love you so much"
She said looking at me nervously.

"Mom what is happening?" I asked sternly.

"Okay so me and your dad decided something. We want you to get married to a girl. And you also know that girl. Even Abhay is okay with the girl" She rushed out nervously.

"What the hell Mom? How can you decide that without asking me? And I don't want to get married, it's too soon ma!" I said enraged. I didn't even realise I am shouting.

"Calm down Arjun. Don't talk to your mother like that. First listen to what we have to say then you can put forward your perspective." My dad said in a calm tone yet you can hear the warning in it. My dad is a calm person in usual but when he is angry nobody can stop him from being ruthless. And dad doesn't like anybody raising their voice at Mom no matter what.

"Fine tell me" I sighed

"Okay so you remember Anand Singhaniya? My close friend? I told you we are very close and we even met their daughter Adira? Me and your dad liked Adira so much that I want her to be my daughter. She is the best match for you. She is soft-spoken, wise, and full of life! I am sure she will keep you very happy" and just as my mom said that my heart leaped. Adira, the girl who refused to leave my dreams is the one my parents chose for me. I won't lie I like her even though I met her only one time. And if it's with her, I don't think I want to refuse this too.

Sensing my thoughts Abhay spoke up mischievously: "What happened bhai? Even now you will refuse?"

Jerk! He knows that I liked her. He got it out of me yesterday night when we were having a drink and talking!

"Yeah fine, I suppose we can give it a try" I said it with a straight face but my family sported knowing looks making me look away.

"Okay then I'll ask Anand bhaiyya for meeting on Sunday then!" Ma said getting up and going to her room probably to call and inform Anand uncle.

Now I cannot wait for Sunday!

Hello beautiful people! So I gave Arjun's POV for the first time. I'll write the next chapter also in his point of view so that we can get things under his perspective. And from there on I'll lead their story towards love.