~Chapter- 1~

It was a lovely morning in Singhania mansion

It was a lovely morning in Singhania mansion. Waking up by the mystical and delirious smell coming from the kitchen, three people made their way to the dining room for breakfast. And there stood the life of the mansion and the life of those three people. Adira Singhania is standing there arranging breakfast on the table for her father and siblings. Just looking at her made their day brighter. As soon as she was about to call them, she noticed that they were already standing there and smiled warmly at them.

"What are you guys doing standing there? Come on breakfast is getting cold come sit down and eat. I made poha , misal pav, with some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Come on sit down!" Adira said motioning them to come over.

Her family smiled looking at her and settled down, each giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Sweetheart why do you take all this stress. Let's keep someone to cook for us if possible. You relax princess" Anand Singhania tried to explain to his little angel who takes stress of doing everything for them.

"Dad for the hundredth time I am not taking any stress! I love cooking and I love cooking for my family. Why do I need other people to cook for my family when I am very much capable of doing it Hmm?" Adira said admonishing her dad and savouring her misal pav.

Food is her one true love after all!

"Di anyway now you will say all this but, when you marry and go away with your husband what are you going to do?" Her little sister and her baby Mira said teasing her elder sister.

Adira stopped eating and started scowling at her younger sister. Her brother started cackling up and said.

"Exactly doll what are you going to do? Then you can't come and cook for us everyday. Infact I am sure you will forget us when you go away!"

This made her scowl more and she pouted at her father who was laughing looking at her.

She whined at her family only making them laugh louder which eventually made her smile too. Her family is her everything and she prayed that their smiles always remain intact on their faces.
Breakfast was filled with laughter and smiles and eventually ended with them getting ready for their day.

All four of them got in Vikram's car where they dropped off Mira in her college, and while going to Adira's clinic her father said
"Princess come home early today evening. We have to go to your cousin's wedding. You remember?"
"Yes dad I do, I'll be early today don't worry"

Eventually they reached her clinic and after saying bye's they went to their office.

Today is a very hectic day with back to back clients and only one hour break during lunch

Today is a very hectic day with back to back clients and only one hour break during lunch. I had to complete my work by 5 in the evening because I have to go home early and get ready for my cousin's wedding. Even though dressing up and mingling with everyone is exhausting I love dressing up and talking to people so I am looking forward to it.

As soon as my last session was done I packed my stuff fast. Being one of the most influential and famous psychologist is amazing and exhausting at the same time. People expect you to always be at the top and always be available but I learned how to deal with it. Perks of studying psychology lol! I love my job no offense, but it's just sometimes, I am tired too and luckily I know how to cope with it to the best of my ability.

Vikram bhai came to pick me up from the clinic and we both are on our way home.
"Where is dad, bhai?" I asked thinking why my dad was not there when we all came together in the morning.

"Dad picked up Mira from his car and went home already" Bhai said seeming so deep into thought.

"Bhai are you okay? You seem tensed and deep in thought" I said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I am fine Adi nothing is wrong" bhai said trying to act like everything is normal.

I narrowed my eyes at his attempt "You seem to forget that I am your sister and that I know you very well Mr. Vikram now spill the beans"

He chuckled at my face and ruffled my hair "Nothing is wrong doll. It's just dad was saying about searching someone for you since now you reached the age for marriage. And I know that's true but I don't want to send you off this early"

I frowned nervously. I know this talk will come sooner than later but I didn't think this sooner. You see in India it is mandatory to marry off the girl after she reaches a certain age. Most people marry off their daughter at 22 or 20 at the least. My dad was always different than other parents and he gave me as much freedom as I want because he trusts me. I know I have to marry someday but I just feel like it's too soon.

"Bhai I know I have to marry someday. And I have to leave our house someday but it is not now right? I am still here with you and even if I marry I will always be with you so please don't worry about it okay? I'll always be your doll" I said trying to cheer my brother up.

He looked at me adoringly and said "It still amazes me to this day on how mature and strong you are. Even though all you want is to fall apart, you hold yourself up just for us and I can't thank God enough for giving you to us."

I was stunned to hear this. It's true even if I am falling apart, I hold myself up all the time for my family. It's not because I am all sacrificing or anything but because it's my family and I want to be there for my family no matter what. But I never thought bhai would know so much about it.

As if sensing my thoughts bhai spoke with a small smile on his face "Even if I don't say much I know you Adi. I know my sister and I am sorry at times I was not there for you but know that I love you and I will always be there for you"

"I know bhai I love you loads too!" I said cheerfully trying to lighten up the situation which bhai understood as well and we had a fun conversation about random topics till we reached home.

As soon as we reached, we rushed inside the house to get ready. I don't know why but I just feel like something is going to happen today. I just have to or rather need to figure out what. And let me tell you my instincts rarely go wrong.

So that's the end of the first chapter! Yayy!

I hope you all liked reading it! Forgive me if there are any grammatical errors. This is my first story to be published online and I am trying my best to make it as interesting as possible.