Chapter 6

Cover to the right is made by MayTheOddsBWithU :)

***

Amanda's POV~

What the heck did she just say? Kiss Danny?

Hell no!

I just met him for crying out loud! I don't even kiss on the first date, let alone kiss someone who I just met literally this morning. Plus, I don't want to ruin the friendship we have going on now and make things awkward between us.

Looking at Danny for help, I saw him shooting daggers at Jeyleen, signing something with his hands. Taking a closer look at what he was doing, I realized it was sign language. Since when did he learn sign language?

Jeyleen shook her head, replying back in sign language as well.

I watched them exchange signs back and forth before Danny turned to me.

"She won't give this up." He stared helplessly at me, saying sorry with his eyes. "Just close your eyes and it'll be over soon."

Before he even moved forward, I held my hand up. "No. I don't want to." When I said that, I could've sworn I heard John let out a big breath of air. But it was probably just my imagination. He wouldn't have cared either way anyways.

"I don't either," he replied back, "but Jeyleen won't let anyone leave the room until I do the dare."

Wow... Who knew that shy little Jeyleen could behave like this? I sure didn't...

"Can't we just like forfeit?"

"Danny would never do the forfeit," Jeyleen answered, smiling.

"What do you mean?" I questioned. How bad can it be?

"It involves him without clothes."

My eyes widened. Oh my gosh, this girl is crazy. I don't even want to know what's going through her head right now. Maybe that's why no one was picking 'dare' when Jeyleen asked. I should've just picked truth and saved everyone this trouble.

I sighed. I guess there's no other way out of this. "Fine."

"Huh?" they both said, eyebrows raising simultaneously. Yup... they're twins alright.

"I said, 'fine'. Danny can do the dare."

It's only one minute, how bad can it be? I'll just close my eyes, and imagine myself kissing someone else. As soon as I thought that, an image of John's face popped up.

I shook my head, quickly getting rid of that crazy thought.

No more John, Amanda. You came to this party to have fun and to get your mind away from him. Everything was going great until he had to go and dance with me. Why did I even agree to that dance!?

"You sure?" he asked.

"Do you want to forfeit?"

He shook his head quickly. "Jeyleen told me what I had to do, and there's no way in hell I am doing that."

So... that's what they were signing back and forth about.

"Right... so let's just get this thing over with."

He nodded his head before padding his way over to me. He stopped in front of me, kneeling on his knees so we were about the same height. Holding his hand out, he placed it behind my head, threading his warm fingers through my hair. His hot breath fanned my face as he moved in, his lips only an inch or so away from mine. I could even smell the peppermint on his breath. Was he chewing some kind of gum before?