Chapter 20

Cover to the right is made by chocookie28 :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

Amanda's POV~ (Flashback)

Mandy! Wake up,” a voice yelled. Warm soft hands touched my bare shoulders, rocking me back and forth. “Wake up!”

My eyes blinked, as I slowly opened them. Soft green eyes stared back at me.

What?” I mumbled, pulling my black-striped blanket up.

What do you mean what?” he asked, his voice a bit too loud. “You forgot what today is?” He sounded like he was about to cry, but I knew he was faking it. He said 'boys' don't cry.

What's today?” I asked him, rolling around; his green eyes gone from my line of view.

The day I get adopted remember?” Of course I remember. How could I not? The only friend I had in this house was him. Everyone hated me. I didn't know why. They just do. I just don't want him to go. But I couldn't let him give up this chance either. Having a family meant everything to him, and I wasn't going to ruin it with my feelings. 

Nope. I forgot.”

Even though my eyes were closed, I could tell he was pouting. “You're not nice Mandy.”

I ignored his comment. “You really like that nickname.” I was always known as Amanda, but he was the only one who gave me a nickname. I like it, beside the fact that his brother likes to tease me with that name.

Of course, you're my little Mandy.”

My eyes snapped open. “You're only six months older than me!” I cried, crossing my hands in a pout. Boys.

He smiled. The smile I love so much. “Still older,” he said, grinning. “I just wish that jerkface wouldn't call you Mandy.”

I shrugged, acting like I didn't care. Hey, it's your twin brother.”

He stared at me. “I hope you know just because we have the same face doesn't mean we're anything alike.”

I know.” They may look the same but their personalities was the complete opposite. 

Good.” He laughed. “Now, come on. We need to go.” He left my bed, and started pulling on my arm, dragging me forward.

I tilt my head to the side, following him. “Go?”

Yes. I have the whole day planned out for us. My new mom and dad aren't coming to get me until six.”

My eyes dropped at the mention of his new family. He's going to leave me soon. I shook my head. Be happy for him. Faking a smile, I turned to him. “Where are we going then?”

Ice cream!” he shouted, pulling me along with him.

Um...” I said, tugging on the hem of his shirt.

He stopped suddenly and looked at me. “Yeah?”

I think you're forgetting something.”

He looked confused. “What...?” he asked, dragging the last letter out.

I pointed my finger downwards. “Look down.”

He did as I said, and within two seconds flat, his mouth formed an 'O' shape. He scratched the back of his head, blushing. “Right. You need to change.”