forty-two

February 15, 2020
London, England

"Thank you for doing this," George rested his head on Laurel's shoulder as they were sitting in London's airport. 

"What kind of girlfriend would I be if I missed your birthday?" she replied and put her arm around his shoulders.

He nodded and smiled, agreeing with her. They planned this weekend since the day of Laurel's opening night in New York, ten days ago, where it all went awesome.

Last night, on Friday, after the performance ended, Laurel ran into the dressing room and changed her clothes, called her chauffeur and he took her to the JFK Airport for her to take a flight to London. She barely made it to the door before they closed the flight, it was almost a miracle, but that allowed her to arrive to England just in time for George's birthday.

They heard the call for their flight to Nice. Every single place is cold because is middle February, so, whatever destination they chose, they would not be able to enjoy it completely.

They stood up from the seats and walked to the gate, ready to take the flight.

It has to be noted that this is the very first time that Laurel and George take a flight together, and believe it or not, Laurel is excited about it.

Two hours later, they finally landed in Nice and took a taxi in the airport to go to Monaco, spending half an hour that the road trip takes just chatting and laughing. They are just trying to enjoy this weekend, because on Tuesday as Laurel leaves back to New York, George heads to Barcelona for the pre-season testing.

"I am really surprised that they gave you two days off," George said as they entered the room on their hotel.

"Yes, but I won't be able to be dismissed anymore because the Tony Awards nominators and voters are already going to start to see the shows," she sighed and pouted, "I want to be the first ever Mexican woman to be nominated in the Tony Awards."

"I think you are already doing way too much by being the first Mexican woman to star on Broadway," he said and sat on the bed.

Laurel shook her head. "I am not, there was already a Mexican woman on Broadway, she starred in Chicago about ten years ago," she explained.

He rolled his eyes. "I am fine with scoring some points." She laughed. "Maybe one day you'll star Chicago, too. My sister loves that movie."

"We should've seen Chicago instead of Moulin Rouge," she chuckled and leaned her back on the small table in front of the bed, resting her hands on it.

"No, Moulin Rouge was fine," he shook his head and stared at her. He was sat right in front of her, only with a couple of meters between them. "You look so nice."

"I look exactly the same as always," she shrugged.

"No, no, something's different," he insisted, with a grin growing on his face. "You seem..."

"I advise you to choose your next words very carefully," she teased.

"Taller," he chuckled. He wasn't going to screw this up.

"That's not possible," she rolled her eyes. She had no idea of what he was talking about. Maybe the idea of turning 22 is driving him crazy.

"Or maybe I just shrunk," he continued saying nonsense. Laurel frowned. He really is losing his mind, what the hell is he talking about? "And now we have two options."

"I have no idea what you..."

"Either I get some stilts so I can reach the heights of my new, tall girl..." George interrupted. Laurel raised an eyebrow. "Or she could get on her knees."

Just then Laurel finally got the idea. God, he is so good at beating around the bush. But he is also good at other things.

"You should've just said it," she smirked and walked towards him. "I am in the best willing."

●●●

"Hi," Laurel innocently smiled at Charles and Charlotte, kissing their cheeks and giving each other a small but warm hug.

"How is Broadway going?" Charlotte asked with a smile. George is so happy that his girlfriend knows his best friend's girlfriend's.

"Great," Laurel nodded. "They gave me a couple of days off, but I'll have to go back before the Tony voters and nominators start to see the shows," she explained again, and George chuckled. This is really important for her.

"She wants to be the first Mexican ever to be nominated for a Tony," he said.

"I thought you were American," Charles said, a little bit confused.

"I was born in USA and my parents are Mexican," Laurel smiled. "I am Mexican American."

"But she also speaks Spanish," George proudly showed off. "Is something like double nationality."

Laurel chuckled and nodded. He leaned down to kiss her cheek. Charles and Charlotte looked tenderly at them. They seem to be so in love.

Soon, Alex and Lando also arrived to meet them, and they walked together to a Club to celebrate George's birthday, although he already received his very first gift in the moment Laurel put a foot on Europe. He can't even explain how in love he is with her and how happy he is when she is around. It's nothing like he has never known before, and is the effect Laurel has on him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello everyone and I hope you have a Happy Christmas! Enjoy yourselves and stay safe! I send you my best wishes! 💓