twenty-two

November 30, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

George ran back to the garage after the qualifying session and ran his hand through his sweaty hair. He entered from the pitlane and turned around until he saw Laurel standing up in the back of the garage, wearing her cute floral jumpsuit and with her brown hair falling on her back. So adorable.

Her eyes found his and she smiled. He smiled back and walked towards her, craving to hug her.

"Hi, George," a shrill voice filled his ears.

He frowned. "Alexandra, what are you doing here?" he turned to see the girl next to him.

"Your mum invited me," she answered and kissed his cheek. "Great qualifying, by the way."

"Thanks," he nodded repeatedly. "I have to-," he looked again to the place were Laurel was, but she was not there anymore. He tightened his jaw. "I need to go."

He got out of the garage and started to scan the whole place trying to find Laurel.

"George," Alexandra followed him.

He sighed. "You need anything?"

"I wanted to talk to you," she smiled.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I'm busy," he muttered as politely as he could.

"But you're qualifying is over," she insisted and grabbed his hand.

He frowned and pulled his hand back. "Please, this is important, see you later," he turned around and continued searching for Laurel. He stood there looking at everything until he found her, standing just a few meters away from where he was, and she was just chatting with her sister.

From the moment George told her dad about Laurel, apparently he ran to tell his mum. And well, let's say it didn't turn out pretty well. How could George, the perfect example of a British boy, possibly be into an American girl?

The world doesn't exactly have a good image of Americans, to be honest.

"Laurel," George put all of his thoughts aside and ran towards, yes, the American girl. Well, Mexican American. He hugged her and kissed her cheek repeatedly.

"Hi," she replied, smiling. He looked at her and swallowed. "Are you alright?"

They separated from the hug and she put her hands on his shoulders.

"Totally," he said. "You were inside the garage and suddenly I lost you."

"Oh, yeah, I'm sorry," she nodded. "Iray called me."

"I had some gossip for her," Iray chuckled. George looked at her, shaking his head slowly. "My mum and dad are talking to the organizers of the Formula One or something like that to make the Miami Grand Prix happen."

"That'd be great," George nodded. He put his arm around Laurel's shoulders, and she felt something was really going on.

"Are you sure you are fine?" she asked again. He nodded, very sure of himself.

"Maybe my dad can sponsor your team so that you can stay at the Maracay Miami," Iray continued talking. "It was the first ever Maracay. I would say is the best one, but the best one is definitely Los Angeles."

"I disagree," Laurel frowned, shaking her head. "Miami is still the best one."

"Anyway, if the Miami Grand Prix happens, you have where to stay," Iray told George.

He nodded and smiled. "Thanks, that would be great. I think Miami Grand Prix is scheduled for 2021 though."

"You can book in advanced," she insisted.