forty-six

February 23, 2020
New York City, New York

When Laurel was coming back from today's show, almost at eleven pm, she found her twins waiting for her. They just wanted to party on a Sunday night, taking advantage that tomorrow is Monday and Laurel has no Broadway show.

They wanted to relive the old days of when they turned 21 and were finally able to party properly and without breaking the law, when they had nothing else to do and Laurel definitely didn't have a show to perform eight times a week.

Those are the perks of creating your own job, or well, inherit it from their parents. Laurel is so stuck with the show that she always has to ask for permission. She loves the theater, but perhaps she would also like to be freer and have her own time at will.

Laurel said yes to her siblings and the three went to the hotel's night's club. They had a really great time just the three of them, enjoying each other like the old times.

So, after a couple of hours, they decided to go back to Laurel's penthouse to have some sleep, because well, tomorrow is working day for Iray and Emilio. They came to New York for work, like all the times they do.

"I, I follow, I follow you deep sea, baby," the three sang yelled and opened the door to the service stairs, taking a seat on the steps.

Seems like they got served a little bit too much.

"I missed this," Emilio sighed, resting his head on Laurel's shoulder. She put her arms around his brother's body, hugging him. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Laurel chuckled and left a kiss on his forehead.

"I think we work way too much," Iray babbled, resting her back on the wall behind her. "We needed a night off."

She's got that one right. Now more than ever, Iray and Emilio are trying to work harder so that they can be named Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Legal Officer of the Group, respectively, even though it would mean more responsibility. They have just started to think that they had enough time to be 'rookies' and learn about the family business; now is time to be full-time committed to the patrimony they will inherit someday.

"And yet, no matter how hard we work, Rafael is still the first in line to be the CEO when mum and dad retires," Emilio snorted. He is right as well. "Like royalty," he sarcastically chuckled.

Rafael is the Deputy Director and Chief Operating Officer of the Group, known also as the successor at the head of the Group.

Laurel sighed. "When that moment comes, surely we will fight over who will be the boss," she mumbled. "Sometimes I just wish mum and dad would sell everything and spend it on themselves, because that feud between us is unavoidable."

Something clicked in Iray's mind. "You have that genius brain, and you are so good at Math, you could be a great CFO," she straightened her back and looked at Laurel. "But you studied theatre, so you don't have to fight with us for the position of CEO of the Group."

Emilio's eyes widened. That makes a lot of sense. No one ever really understood why Laurel studied theatre if she could be a great actuarial or financier. She has talent to be a performer, but she could also be the greatest financier the world has ever seen.

Laurel nodded. "You caught me. It would be unbearable to fight with you for money or power," she chuckled. "Like Emilio said it once, we are bound to one another. You are my home, and we share a pretty good life, so I would never let anything compromise it."

"That is so cheesy," Emilio teased and shook his head.

"I know, please don't tell anyone I said this," Laurel slightly laughed.