two

Laurel, Emilio and Iray are triplets. Their mum and dad are one of the most influential business couple in Miami, owning the Miramar & Costa Hotel group, dedicated to hotels around the United States of America, with presence of the Maracay hotels in Boston, Princeton, Providence, Miami, Los Angeles and New York.

They have an older brother, Rafael, an economist that is the deputy principal of the Miramar & Costa Hotel Group and runs the Maracay hotel in Miami.

While Laurel has a degree in Theatre, Emilio is a Lawyer, and tries to be the principal lawyer of the Group. Iray is a bachelor's in business and Entrepreneurship, and now she opened her own hotel: the Maracay Los Angeles.

David and Chase are identical twins, friends of the family and manage the Maracay Hotels in Providence, Princeton, Boston and New York. It has to be noted that David was Laurel's boyfriend for a short period of time when she studied her degree at MIT.

"I really appreciate that you solved the whole shrimp mess," Iray said to her twins when she found them in the elevator, while she was finishing putting her earrings, getting ready for the party.

"Where you've been all day?" Emilio asked and Iray shrugged, not willing to tell her twins.

They called the elevator and once again, it took forever to arrive.

"I don't know what the hell is going on with these elevators" Iray admitted and sighed annoyedly.

"Physics, Iray," Laurel nodded, "actually, mechanics."

"I don't know physics or mechanics," Iray frowned, "I'll have to tell the maintenance guy. But thanks, smartass," she teased and put her arm around Laurel's shoulders.

"I am very smart, but it has nothing to do with my ass," Laurel mumbled.

Iray chuckled. She actually missed her sister, and with her in Los Angeles preparing her hotel and Laurel in New York preparing her Broadway musical, they haven't seen each other in several months.

Yes, Laurel is a Broadway performer. Isn't that exciting?

A few seconds later, the elevator finally arrived, and they entered. They reached the ground floor and the elevator doors opened, leaving them in the hotel lobby. They looked at each other, and walked to the pool area, where the music was already playing.

Most of the guests are investors from the Miramar & Costa Hotel Group, some relatives from Miami and Mexico, and obviously some friends of Iray.

Iray stayed to greet her friends, while Emilio and Laurel went looking for drinks and maybe their parents. She had a small talk with her friends from Brown University, and suddenly she found another beloved friend.

"Hi, Lily," Iray greeted excitedly.

"Oh, hi, Iray," she replied, and they gave a quick hug. "This is my boyfriend, Alex, and a couple of friends, George and Lando," Lily introduced everybody.

"It's so nice to meet you, thanks for coming," Iray kissed everyone's cheek. "I hope you're having a good time."

George looked at her. She definitely has to be Laurel's sister, because she has the same green eyes again. But of course, Laurel's eyes are somehow prettier.

Laurel walked over with a glass of champagne in one hand and put her free hand on Iray's shoulder.

"Hey everyone, enjoying Maracay?" Laurel gave a smile before turning her eyes to her sister, "my uncle is insisting on meeting you," she whispered.

Iray nodded, "She is my twin, Laurel" she said, "and I need to go, but if you need anything call me or any of my siblings, you already know them, Lily."

Laurel waved at everyone and found herself with the elevator guy and remembered he practically asked her out, but he doesn't know each other's names. He stared at her, and she stared at him, with a shy smile. She slightly shrugged, and before she could say anything else, Iray pulled her out of that circle so they could go meet their uncle.

"I love her dress," Lily said, staring at Laurel's green splash print dress with cutouts.

"That's the girl from the elevator?" Lando asked George and he nodded, not being able to find her anymore, "sorry, I think she's got a boyfriend."

Lando pointed his gaze to where Laurel was standing with a tall, slim, and visibly handsome guy, thinking that he was her boyfriend, when in fact he was just Rafael, her older brother.

"I don't think so," George shook his head, "she practically said yes to going out with me."

●●●

After talking to family members and answering awkward questions about when Laurel and Emilio are planning to open their own hotels like Iray, Laurel felt drained, and went to sit in a small armchair next to the pool.

She finished her fourth glass of champagne, feeling a bit dizzy, but sane enough to carry on a conversation and stay on her feet.She ordered another drink, and while she waited for it, she put her head in her hands to avoid being overwhelmed by the loud music.

"Hi, Laurel," George walked over, sitting next to her.

She raised her head and smiled sincerely when she saw him. "Hi," she said, "you never told me your name, right?" she giggled.

"No," he chuckled. "I'm George Russell."

"Nice to meet you, George. I'm Laurel Blanhir."

George saw the same guy Lando pointed a few minutes ago approaching to Laurel with a little crystal glass in his hand. Laurel's supposed boyfriend.

"The last one," Rafael warned his sister.

"Don't give me that," Laurel shook her head and took the glass with her hand, "This is my brother, Raf...fael," she completed, "and Raf, this is my friend George...Russell."

"I know," Rafael smiled and shook hands with George, "I've seen him on TV, he is a Formula One driver."

"You are?" Laurel looked at George, surprised. He nodded. "Oh my god."

"No more drinks, Laurel," Rafael insisted, and she rolled her eyes.

"You're treating me like an alcoholic, which I'm not."

Rafael shook his head slightly and walked away, leaving Laurel and George alone again.

"Wouldn't you like to go to a quieter place?" she asked George, "all this noise drives me crazy."

"Sure," he nodded and smiled.