twenty-three

December 1st, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

"I googled her, and I felt inspired," Laurel said, smiling, and took her cellphone out of her bag.

Since George wants Laurel to get in the F1 mood, he promised that she could meet the team boss: Claire Williams.

"You shouldn't say that to Claire," George chuckled and took her cellphone away to avoid that she googles again.

"Why?" she innocently asked and looked at him. "Is she going to get mad?"

He smiled. "No, but it's not comfortable to know that people google you."

"You should get used to it, you are famous," she shrugged. "I am also googled. The closer the previews get, the more people google me."

"You are also famous then," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Not like you and Claire Williams," she shook her head. "I am really excited to meet her. She is ground-breaking."

"Social media and internet are not exactly nice to her."

"I have read everything," she squeezed her eyebrows together, slightly annoyed. "People even think that the team started to go wrong when she got pregnant and that's ludicrous."

"Ludicrous?" he laughed.

"Hasn't she got the right to be pregnant just because she is the deputy director of a Formula One team? I'm pretty sure that most of the principals have kids," she sighed. "People just find her disrupting and can't accept the fact that her dad chose her to be the head of the team."

"You rehearsed that?" he teased. She gave him an unfriendly look. "I think you should just speak form your heart."

"I usually speak from my mouth."

"What?" he busted out into laughter.

"I'm sorry," she chuckled. "When I get annoyed, I tend to forget what an analogy is."

"You shouldn't get angry today," he wrinkled his nose and shook his head.

"I know," she snaped her tongue. "My angry face doesn't match the outfit."

"Right. As always," he winked at her and went over the table to kiss her cheek. "You're even wearing your favorite color."

She blushed. He still remembers her favorite color. "I had so much trouble with choosing the perfect outfit."

"Why?" he frowned.

"I didn't want to use something too short or that could be inappropriate for the dressing rules here," she started to explain. "But then we went to the mall and realized nobody follows those rules, and I had to admit that Iray was right and that only applies for mosques. Not temples like she said."

"She really said temples?"

"She did."

George shook his head, smiling and handed the cellphone back to her. "You look beautiful. Again. Like every day." She blushed and gave him a thankful look and put her iPhone back on her small bag. "Ok, let's go meet Claire," he stood up and pulled her hand. "But don't say words like 'ludicrous'," he teased again.

●●●

"Iray!" Lily yelled, making the twins turn around to see her. "It's so good to see you."

"Hi," Iray cried out, smiling and walked towards her to give her a hug.

For everyone, is still a mystery how Iray and Lily met. Well, they both live in Los Angeles, but Iray hates sports, so, it's not very likely they met while playing some golf or at the gym or any place that involves physical training. Laurel has no complains with their friendship though, because at the end of the day, the whole thing with her and George started when Iray invited Lily to the opening of her hotel, and Lily invited her boyfriend Alex, and he invited his two best friends, Lando and George. It was all like a chain reaction.