fifty

April 24, 2020
Miami, Florida

The least George expected knowing that his girlfriend's parents are millionaires, was a house with a private beach. It was a pretty big house, with a lot of rooms, big kitchen and a lot of amenities, almost as a mansion. Besides having a gigantic pool that is mostly in disuse, it also has a small path that guides to a private beach.

It was like heaven on Earth to be able to relax in the middle of the season. Maybe it was not the right thing to do, taking in count that the next race is in a new and unknown circuit in the Netherlands. But he fulfilled his days at the factory before coming, he made sure that everything was going the right way so he could come to spend a couple of days in Miami.

"Now I see why you call New York cold and damp," George chuckled, bringing Laurel closer to him as they stared at Miami's sunset. "This is a great view."

The skies were blue again, vanishing off any signs of a storm, at least for now. This exact moment of being sitting on the beach, just staring at the horizon, was bringing them back the memory of that last day in Abu Dhabi last year.

Laurel giggled and nodded. "Yes, I love Miami the best," she said.

Miami is her hometown, she was born and raised here, her roots belong to Miami, the place she left at eighteen and she longs to come back someday.

"I need to admit I got a little jealous back there at the hotel," George brought again the situation, remembering that Laurel said that if he ever felt uncomfortable again, he had to say it.

"I noticed it," Laurel chuckled and turned to see him. "You shouldn't be though. David and I just get along because he works with me," she made clear. "And I didn't think you were the jealous kind."

"Neither did I," he admitted. "You know how you love this movie Mamma Mia?" George said looking at Laurel. "I watched it this week." Laurel frowned, without taking her eyes off him. This has nothing to do with the thing they were talking about. "You remember that scene on the beach?"

"Well, yeah, they live on an island," she teased.

George laughed. "Yes, but that one with the song..." he tried to explain. "I wasn't jealous before we met, now every man that I see is a potential threat."

"You learned that song?" Laurel surprisedly asked.

"And I'm possessive, it isn't nice," he continued the song, practically ignoring Laurel. "You've heard me saying that smoking is my only vice." Laurel was beyond surprised to see and hear George singing. "But now it isn't true, now everything is new, and all I've learned has overturned, I beg of you..." he approached Laurel's face and barely brushed his lips with hers.

Laurel teasingly smiled and pushed him a little, remembering the scene of the movie he was talking about. "Don't go wasting your emotions, lay all your love on me," she sang and leaned to him, putting her hands on his neck and slowly lowered them down to his shoulders. "It was like shooting a sitting duck. A little small talk, a smile and baby I was stuck..." she put a playful smile on her lips. "I still not know what you've done to me, a grown-up woman should never fall so easily..." she bit her lower lip, as George smiled and put his hands on her shoulders. "I feel a kind of fear, when I don't have you near. Unsatisfied, I skip my pride, I beg you dear..."

George gently pushed her back on the sand, leaving Laurel's small body below his. "Don't go wasting your emotions, lay all your love on me..." he sang and slowly kissed Laurel's lips, as a wave of salted water broke on the beach, and the water continued its way, wetting them.

When Laurel first saw Mamma Mia, she was ten years old, back when she didn't want to explain emotions as chemical reactions, and she always dreamed of this movie scene, both ridiculous and romantic.

George moved his lips down to her neck, leaving wet kisses and making Laurel whimper with every single touch. Then she came to the realization that no one has ever make her feel like he does, whether if it's with a text message or with his body above her. He is the only one who she can recreate the most ridiculous movie scenes with. It's him. George makes her feel like out of this world, out of this milky way and Oscar Wilde once said that you should never love someone who makes you feel ordinary...

"I auditioned for Gloria Estefan," Laurel blurted out. She can't be talking about love when she is not being honest with him.

George stopped what he was doing. "You what?" he said and sat down on the wet sand again.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Laurel recomposed and sat in front of him.

"Why you kept it from me?"

"I didn't know how you would react," she chewed on her lip, a little nervous. Great, she just ruined the most romantic event she's ever had on her whole life.

"The problem here is that you are the most talented artist I've ever met, you are the most beautiful person I've ever met in my whole life, and of course Gloria Estefan is going to choose you, but what if you regret it later?"

"I won't. I mean, it's not sure I'll get the role," Laurel hurried to say and put her hands on his cheeks. "But if I get it, I won't regret it, I promise. This is for you and me living our dreams together, don't you want that?"

"I do..." he replied. "But here he comes the million-dollar question again: am I really worth it?"

"And the answer again is yes, you are," Laurel smiled and nodded. "I don't know why you have this stupid feeling of not being worth it, you are that and much more, you are the most thoughtful, patient person I've ever met, you always know what to say or to do. Thanks to you I started to see the world differently, and you already said it, we are like Yin and Yang, you complement me. I usually don't make statements, but I know that in a thousand years I'd fall in love with you again..." she said. "And I want everything with you, and to have everything, you have to risk everything."

George smiled at her. "Thank you."

"For what?" Laurel frowned.

"For making me the happiest guy alive," he winked and put his hands on her hips to sit her down in his lap. "I love you," he said and kissed her lips.  "Can I say I love you?"

Laurel chuckled and caught his lips with hers, kissing him deeply and desperately while wrapping her arms around his shoulders "Of course you can," she replied on his lips. "I love you too."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OH MY GOD!! I have no words to thank you all for 10K reads! It's the better way to start this new year! Thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart💓