twenty-six

December 2nd, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

"Oh my god, I love the coyote," Laurel screamed excitedly when she saw Wile E. Coyote walking across the area in the amusement park they decided to visit on the drivers day off before the post-season testing. Lots of childhood memories coming back to her.

Lily and Alex chuckled, amused by Laurel's excitement as she ran into the coyote. They never pictured her as a big fan of these kinds of childish antics. George took his cellphone out and started to take pictures of her girlfriend hugging the coyote. She was about to take her own cellphone off when realized he was already doing that ridiculous photoshoot of her and the coyote.

"You really love the coyote," George showed her the pictures as she waved goodbye to the moving animal.

"I do," she nodded, smiling. "You never saw the Looney Tunes?"

"I did," Lily answered turning her head back to Laurel.

"I loved the Looney Tunes," Laurel remarked. "Still do."

They continued walking along the Dynamite Gulch in the Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi. It was like a flashback to their childhood. Especially Laurel's, since she and her sibling always watched the Looney Tunes in Spanish and that's how they got to learn the language so fast as kids.

George stared at her, smiling. He can't still believe that Laurel is called spoiled and bad tempered. Those are just assumptions. She is still a girl in her heart. She grew up going to Disney World almost every weekend and hugging Donald Duck, she grew up being a dreamer.

They finished with that zone and went to take a look to the other two kid's zones of the park:  The Bedrock, where they could meet the Flintstones and the Cartoon Junction to meet Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and the rest of the Looney Tunes -Laurel's favorites.

Right after that, they visited Gotham City zone. They entered the few attractions and took pictures with the superheroes.

"I like Marvel the most, actually," Laurel whispered to George when they were on the line to meet Batman.

"No way," he shook his head.

She shrugged and nodded. "Black Panther is the king of superheroes."

"Black Panther is your favorite superhero?" he frowned.

"Of course," she nodded. "You like this guy?" she pointed at Batman. George nodded. "Didn't you hear Edna Mode in the Incredibles? No capes."

"Come on, mate," Alex said. "DC movies are kind of..." he tried to search for a right word to describe.

"Lame," Laurel interrupted. Alex didn't want to say it that way, not in front Batman, but he had to agree with her. "I can only rescue Wonder Woman and Aquaman."

"Yeah, Marvel movies are more realistic," Lily agreed.

George stubbornly shook his head. "Sure, because Wakanda is super real."

"Do you really want to argue that?" Laurel looked up at him. "You can't compare a guy that uses technology to create a suit with a guy that wears a bodysuit and a cape."

"You don't know how to lose, do you?" George squinted his eyes. Laurel cheekily smiled.

"God, how do you do it?" Alex said to her. She looked at him, wanting to know what he meant. "Be right all the time, win all the time. No matter what you are discussing, you always win, this is insane."

"If I'm honest..." Laurel raised an eyebrow, as Alex stared at her waiting for the resolution of that. "I have no idea," she shrugged, making him laugh.

She was actually feeling very comfortable, and if it makes sense, feels like is one step ahead to spend a complete day with George's best friend and his girlfriend.

"You are just a smartass," George said and put his arm over her shoulders.

"I am very smart, but it has nothing to do with my ass," she wrapped her arms around his waist.

He laughed. "There's no one like you," he said and kissed her head.

She was about to say I know, but then she decided to just smile and keep her mouth shut. If she continues answering like that, maybe George will get tired of her cold blood and will stop saying cute things. Laurel definitely doesn't want that.

They finally took the picture with Batman and continued trying the attractions of that zone. After that, they finished with that zone and walked to the Metropolis zone, finding the Flash. One of the only three DC characters that Laurel tolerates, although she still finds them preposterous. 

"What about Flash? He is a great guy," George smiled and pointed at him.

Laurel nodded. "Yes, he is. I prefer the one from the series, not the movie though. Grant Gustin is so..." she stopped short when realized what she was about to say. Handsome? Talented?

"What?" George raised an eyebrow, waiting for what she was about to say.

"Great actor," she shrugged. Lily busted out into laughter. "Grant Gustin played Baby John in the Broadway Revival Tour of West Side Story back in 2010."

"Seriously, mate, why do you even try to dare her?" Alex muttered.

"I saw Grant Gustin in Glee," Lily said.

Laurel widened her eyes. "I also did, I love Glee," she cheerfully yelled.

Both girls hugged each other, happily to know that they have that in common.

"She always finds a way to get away with it, unbelievable," George complained.