fourteen

November 20, 2019
New York City, New York

"I was just trying to be practical!" Laurel said, eating a little bit of her frozen yogurt.

"But you don't do that!" Iray laughed, "is not as common as you think to ask a guy if he wants to be your boyfriend."

"It just blurted out of my mouth," she rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter anyway, because George said no."

"Come on!" Iray laughed again. "You just blindsided him."

Laurel shrugged. "Maybe. Or maybe not."

"He already told you that he likes you," Iray bit a chocolate.

Laurel chuckled. "He came to see Wall Street, the Statue of Liberty and the Joker stairs," she remembered what George said earlier today, while dropping her at the photoshoot.

"And you," Iray wiggled her eyebrows.

"What if now he thinks I am weird, tactless and undiplomatic?" Laurel sighed, a little disappointed. "I mean, should I be more girly?"

Iray chuckled. "You are fine the way you are," she said. "Just try to be more diplomatic when saying things," she mumbled. Laurel tilted her head and pursed her lips. She finds it very hard to be cuter. "Follow my advice, I had always been better with boys than you," she showed off.

Laurel bit her lip nervously. She likes George, but what if her personality or behavior is not that appealing to him? She has always thought herself as socially awkward, hence, her socializing skills are very limited, but that had never bothered her before, what's more, she enjoyed not being around more people other than her siblings or her parents and close people, which is a problem right now that she has to socialize with all her cast and ensemble at Broadway.

"I got tickets for Moulin Rouge tonight, and I remember it's your favorite," Laurel changed the subject suddenly.

"You better go with George," Iray teasingly rejected.

"What if he doesn't like it?" Laurel looked down on her ice cream.

"Everybody loves Moulin Rouge."

"Not my cup of tea," Laurel said, using a very common phrase in England.

Moulin Rouge! is a musical based in the 2001 film that was starred by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. Is set in the Montmartre Quarter of Paris, France, during the Belle Epoque at the turn of the 20th century and relates the story of Christian, a young composer, who falls in love with cabaret actress Satine, who is the star of the Moulin Rouge.

"You shouldn't do that if you really like him," Iray scolded and tilted her head.

"I'm sorry," Laurel whispered. "I wasn't trying to imitate and make fun of British people, I was trying to get a hint of what he's going to say," she made clear. "But anyway, I really don't enjoy Moulin Rouge that much."

"Too cheesy for you," Iray chuckled. "You are zero romantic."

"My producer gave me those tickets, that's why I have them," Laurel admitted.

"I see," Iray nodded. "You can grant them to me, and I can invite a random and handsome guy I find outside the theatre."

"That's a great idea," Laurel's smile wide and try to search for the tickets on her unconditional black backpack.

"I was kidding, numbnuts," Iray teased.

"I just feel like I have to invite George if I have those stupid tickets," Laurel muttered. "Do you think I can exchange them for some Wicked tickets?"