twenty

November 29, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Laurel sighed, pressed a thin lipped smile on her face and leaned her back in the gates to their suite, still thinking about the 24-karats golden kiss she and George shared downstairs. The gates of the suite opened, and she gave a small jump before she could fell on the floor. That would just be so ridiculous.

"Oh my God, Abdul, you startled me," she said to the butler, but smiled anyway. Nothing can make her mad right now.

"I'm sorry, Miss," he smiled back, holding back his laughter.

"It's fine, thank you," she entered the room, letting Abdul close it behind her.

She walked to the small living room on their suite and found Rafael, Emilio and Iray sitting there and watching Black Panther.

"You missed the beginning," Emilio said, without taking his eyes off the screen.

Black Panther happens to be their favorite superhero movie ever for so many reasons. The visual effects, the music, the story.

"You could've waited for me," Laurel rolled her eyes and took a seat next to Iray. "By the way, good news for you: you can go with Rafael tomorrow," she said to Emilio.

"What? Why?" he hurried to ask, pausing the movie on the TV.

"George gave me a pass to be his guest," she smiled a little bit and sighed.

"Oh, no," Iray pouted. "Now I am going to be stuck alone with mum, dad, and their Abu Dhabian friends. That's not fair."

"Life is not fair," Emilio teased, happy that he is going with Rafael.

"Abu Dhabian friends?" Laurel asked, confused.

"You also missed that," Iray replied. "Mum and dad already made Abu Dhabian hotelier friends, and they invited us to the Grand Prix. Emilio and I were going with them, but now he just abandoned me."

"I'm sorry, Iray, I really wasn't expecting this," Laurel apologized.

"I was," Rafael nodded. Everyone turned their eyes to him. "Come on, you came to see him, it was pretty obvious."

"I was right this whole time by assuming that I was the one coming with Rafael then," Emilio childishly said. "My assumption was right!"

"Oh, shut up," Laurel threw him a pillow. He hates when she's not right. "And even if you were going to the Grand Prix, you wouldn't have had a plane ticket because that one was already mine." Ah great, talking about childish conversations.

Emilio threw the pillow back at her, but the pillow hit Iray instead, so, a pillow war started to take part in the living room.

Sofía and Alejandro suddenly appeared in the frame of the door and stared at them playing like ten-year old kids. They never really grew up apparently.

"What is this?" Alejandro amusedly yelled with his Mexican thick accent and stood in the middle of the fight, collecting the pillows.

"She started," Emilio pointed at Laurel.

"Behave, please, because everything in this suite is more expensive than your own life," their dad said, giggling. "Just kidding, but please be careful."

They reserved the 3-bedroom suite at Emirates Palace hotel because it was the only room available to book one week before they arrived. This stay is being stupidly expensive, but it's worth it if means their last vacation together for a while.

"I was thinking," Iray said after mum and dad joined them to watch the movie, "that maybe I can go to the spa tomorrow instead of the yacht with you, I don't really like Formula One."

"Nonsense, Iray, you are coming with us," Alejandro insisted.

"I don't want to be alone," she complained.

"Why would you be alone?" her mum asked. "Emilio is going to be there."

"Not anymore," Emilio hurried to say. "Laurel got a Guest VIP Pass or a crap like that, and I can go with Rafael now."

Laurel analyzed one of the bottles of golden water that are available for purchase in their room and opened it, curious, smelling it and taking a look. Is it going to taste like gold or is going to be another golden useless and expensive crap? Gold doesn't even digest, is ludicrous. She took a sip and tasted nothing different. Great, sixty dollars gone to the trash can.

"Can we know how you got that VIP crap?" Alejandro said, using Emilio's words and making everyone laugh. Laurel just choke a little with the sip of water.

This was the kind of questions she wanted to avoid by coming just with Rafael.

"Not really," Laurel chuckled, but her dad gave her the you must tell me, or you are not going anywhere look and she knew she had to talk. "A friend gave it to me?"

"Are you asking me?" her dad said, pointing at himself.

"No, dad," Laurel said, sure, and shaking her head. "Someone gave it to me."

"Oh, and who is that someone?" Sofia teasingly asked. Laurel parted her lips, trying to come with a convincing answer. What are George and I supposed to be? "And don't lie, little Pinocchio."

Laurel looked at her siblings. Rafael was wiggling his eyebrows, waiting for her to spill everything to mum and dad. Emilio was staring at her, with a mocking smile on his face. Iray was biting her lip, trying to bit back her laugh. Sofia and Alejandro were also looking at Laurel, whose cheeks started to heat up.

"Meddlers," Laurel muttered.

But alas, she had no choice but to spill the tea.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Well, hello hello! I just realized we already reached 2.1K reads!! I am so happy and so thankful to each one of you who take the time to read the chapters of this book that I am writing! it is so exciting and motivating 💓

I have not been very active lately because well, end of the semester, final exams and online classes are making me rack my brains out! 🤯 but I am back with a new chapter I hope you all enjoy!

Again, thanks for 2.1K reads!

This is Jaime Camil as Alejandro Blanhir, the kids' dad

And Cecilia Suárez as Sofia Montenegro, the kids' mum