epilogue

August 4, 2020
London, England

"Conga down your way to the London Coliseum to see our story On your feet!..." the voice of Gloria Estefan said on the tv. "This autumn from September 14th."

"Ugh, I hate watching myself on tv," Laurel complained, watching the ad for the musical, an ad they filmed two weeks ago, in which she dances through the streets of London with Gloria Estefan to promote the musical.

"What do you mean?" George frowned, pouring a cup of waffle mix into the waffle iron. "Your face is pretty much everywhere now," he chuckled and smiled at her.

Ads for On your feet! The story of Gloria and Emilio Estefanare displayed all around the city, announcing the beginning of a season of the show at the London Coliseum. Laurel and her co-star's faces while portraying Gloria and Emilio Estefan can be seen on the bus stations, down on the tube, outside the theatre, on YouTube and tv.

"I didn't think British people liked Gloria Estefan that much," she shrugged.

"Assumptions are usually wrong," he playfully said and wiggled his eyebrows. Laurel rolled her eyes. "Maybe British people just love you."

"Sounds reasonable," Laurel cheekily smiled.

"Why am I making breakfast and you're just sitting there watching me?" George complained, pointing at her with a spoon.

"Because I need to rest," Laurel replied. "And I don't really like to cook."

George gave her a disapproving look and put a waffle in a plate, cutting a little piece and eating it, before giving the plate to Laurel. "Mmm, I love this. You know what? Remind me that I got to write a thank-you note to the guy who invented waffles."

"The recipe first appeared in Le Ménagier de Paris, a book a husband wrote for his wife in the 14th century," Laurel wittily said, putting some maple syrup on top of the waffle. "Since he's dead, a note would be pointless."

George poured more mix on the waffle iron and raised an eyebrow. "I pity the men who aren't dating you, Laurie."

Laurel rolled her eyes and groaned. "Don't call me like that, why you do it?"

"Gloria Estefan calls you like that, Laurie."

"Yes, but you are not Gloria Estefan," Laurel muttered and started eating her waffle.

"I'll keep that in mind, Laurie," George teasingly said.

"I will strangle you," she mumbled and shook her head.

The official launch of On Your Feet was during this week. Of course, Laurel invited George, and there he noticed that Gloria Estefan affectionately calls her Laurie.

"You wouldn't dare," George said, with a small smirk on his face.

"Try me," Laurel whispered, both annoyed and amused. She took the script sheets of On your feetand started to read a scene to learn it.

"Waterloo, I was defeated, you won the war," George hummed. Laurel frowned and looked up to stare at him, as he was amusedly preparing more waffles. "Waterloo, promise to love you for evermore."

Laurel chuckled. "Waterloo, couldn't escape if I wanted to."

George smirked. "Waterloo, knowing my fate is to be with you," he finished and laughed. "I should be casted as Emilio Estefan in your musical." Laurel laughed. "What?"

"Nothing," Laurel shook her head. "Maybe we should just stop watching Mamma Mia twice a week." She looked down again and continue reading her script when she found resemblance to something. "George," she called.

He lifted his head. "What?"

"Come here," she asked. George walked towards her and took a seat on the stool next to Laurel. "Look, here," she pointed at the sheet. "Here it says that for their first kiss, Emilio Estefan lied to Gloria saying that it was his birthday, and as a gift he wanted a kiss on the cheek," she explained to him. "But when she was going to give him a kiss on the cheek, he turned his head, so it was on the lips."

George gasped. "Casu consulto," he chuckled. "Reminds me of that day at the Hudson River in New York, when you kissed me."

"I don't remember that," Laurel ironically said, but knowing that the first thing she remembered when reading that scene on the script, was of course, that day. "You turned your head."

"You didn't have to be so close to my face," George shrugged and slightly laughed. "But you remember that? It was right in the beginning before we really knew each other."

"I do remember," Laurel nodded and smiled. "You really surprised me by arriving at New York without any warning."

"I had to do it," George said. "If it weren't for that, we wouldn't be here now."

"You're right," Laurel nodded and pecked George's lips. "Now go check the waffles before you burn my kitchen down."

George laughed and stood up to go do what Laurel said, while she continued reading her script and eating her waffle. When George finished, he walked over to have a seat next to Laurel.

"This is how you're going to look like?" George said and pulled a sheet to see it. It had a drawing of a woman, probably based on Laurel's body, wearing a red, shiny, outfit. "It's your favorite color."

"Yes," she nodded. "I'll have a couple more outfits," she smiled. "I can't wait to meet my new cast. There are kids, elder people..."

"I hope you'll love them, or all of this would be in vain," George chuckled.

"I don't need to love them," Laurel shrugged, raising an eyebrow. "I have you and that's more than enough to know this is totally worth it."

George curved his lips up. "I love you."

"And I love you."