one

The wait for the hotel elevator was taking forever, and Laurel was growing impatient. Next to her, George just waited, a little more composed than her. He tried to take a look on her, but she was looking down on her phone, with her brown hair covering her face.

The elevator finally came, and both Laurel and George entered. They pressed the button for the top floor and the elevator doors closed, leaving them together in the tight space. Laurel didn't even bother to notice who her partner is, nor does she care to know, because in a matter of seconds they won't see each other again.

"So," he spoke and glanced at her, hoping for her to turn around, "what brings you to LA?"

"Is the opening of my sister's hotel," she answered, without looking at him.

"This hotel is your sister's?" he asked, surprised, turning his face to see her. As far as he knows, he came to stay at this hotel because it's the grand opening, and Lily, his best friend's girlfriend, got them the invitations to come.

"Yes," she said.

In all of that time, she never turned back to see him. But he was curious about her, her brown skin and her plump cheeks. He didn't saw her face to face, but her simple profile caught his attention.

"What are you going to do after the party?" he innocently asked.

"What?" Laurel raised an eyebrow and turned her head to look at him at last, looking into his blue, shining eyes.

He had a slightly messy light brown hair, jeans and a t-shirt, but the thing that most caught her attention was his blue eyes. She felt a little tickle in her stomach but shook her head when realized she was looking at him way too much.

"I was just implying if I can ask you out," only then he could see the girl's green eyes, and her rosy cheeks.

"Sure," she smiled and nodded, "that's what you should've said since the beginning."

"Yeah," he chuckled.

The elevator doors swung open, and a guy was standing there. He had lighter skin and the same green eyes as Laurel. He was as tall as George, but of course taller than Laurel. That one is Emilio, her twin.

"I've been looking for you!" he yelled, "there is no more shrimp in the kitchen, I called David and he says there is nothing he can do," he desperately said. 

"Let's just find solutions before my dad murders Iray for not knowing how to run a damn hotel," she said and went out of the elevator before George could say anything else, pushing Emilio to the other side, heading to his suite.

George stood there and went in the opposite direction from Laurel and Emilio, smirking and happy. Maybe he didn't get the chance to say nothing else to her, but one thing he is sure about is that they will see each other again. He found the door to his room and entered, finding Alex, Lily and Lando inside.

"Guess what," he said excitedly, closing the door behind him. "I met the owner of the hotel in the elevator."

"Iray?" Lily was quick to ask.

"Well, not the owner," George corrected himself, "the owner's sister."

"Laurel?" the girl asked again, and George nodded, "she is an artist and a genius. Studied Theatre at MIT, but also loves science and sometimes is grumpy..."

"Do you know them?" George interrupted, trying to avoid listening to Laurel's biography from Lily's mouth.

"Sure, how do you think I got invitations to the opening party at this hotel?"

George was speechless and Alex and Lando laughed.

After a few minutes, they realized they need to buy clothes to attend Venice Beach's most exclusive party - the grand opening of the new Hotel Maracay - so they decided to head out to downtown Los Angeles to do some shopping and get ready for the night.

They left George and Lando's room and walked down the hall to the same elevator where George met Laurel a few minutes ago.

"Where did you graduated from, Chase? The university of dumbass?" Emilio yelled at his phone, also reaching the elevator, accompanied by Laurel.

"Dumbass?" Laurel mumbled, frowning.

"Shhh," Emilio hissed. "Dude, you have to help us solve this before my parents arrive here."

"I'm sure he can't do much if he's still in Boston and about to take a flight to come here," Laurel said, a little concerned. 

Emilio looked at her and tilted his head. "Shut up, Laurel," he whispered. "You and your brother David can never do anything," he muttered sarcastically at the phone and hung up, "I'm going to find Iray myself." He put his cell phone in the back pocket of his jeans and pressed the elevator button repeatedly, but it still did not arrive. "This is ridiculous," he complained, "let's go down the stairs."

Laurel sighed shaking her head, and they walked away, in search of the service stairs. The other guys were standing there, pretending not to hear anything, but in reality, they had heard all the screams of Emilio.