26

Roses are redLiquor is brown Secrets are spilling andDani's heart wants to drown

Roses are red
Liquor is brown
Secrets are spilling and
Dani's heart wants to drown

Nervously, Dani led Atlas to the back door of the Diner. The walk was awkward and chilly but the entire time he was reassuring her of her abilities to stall.

She held onto her sleeves as they approached the giant metal door mark with the words maintenance with all caps. Beside that door, near the top of the brown bricks, was a thin window. Someone left it cracked open, and it was almost big enough for a person to slip inside.

"This is the door. It leads to the storage closet and then the staff room." Dani huffed as her feet stopped.

"Are you sure?" Atlas asked as he surveyed the closed-off area. Cardboard crates and garbage bags were laid out by the overflowing dumpster. The town didn't have a localized waste union so often store owners would have to drive out a few hours to dump their trash. By the looks of it, Ashly hasn't done it in a while.

"Yeah." She sighed, "I worked here for about a year so I know this place like the back of my hand." Dani cringed as she slowly reached for the handle. With one large tug... It didn't budge. "Damn it." She kicked it.

Atlas jumped at the sudden loud bang from her shoes as he scanned behind him "Don't kick it, you'll cause a scene."

Dani rolled her eyes as fingers gripped onto the handle, "But it's never locked. Ashley would always leave it unlocked just for emergencies." She stared at the door. There was one time they had to get the fire department to break open the window so they could get inside since Ashly forgot her keys. This door has always stayed open since. Only the employees know about it.

"I guess you can head out front, and when an opportunity arrives, try to let me." Atlas kicked up some rocks.

"Or, how about you come in the front with me?" She begged.

Atlas shrugged, "This way is more fun plus,'' He lowered his voice so it was barely audible, "Isn't there cameras? "

"Indoor ones yeah but only in some areas..." She paused as she realized where this was going. Cameras meant a recording... and one person walking into the Diner at night was sketchy enough. At least with Dani alone, she could avoid them, and if they catch her on tape, it wouldn't be a concern, "Fine, I'll be fast. Just try not to do anything weird and wait here." She scratched the hair tickling her neck.

Atlas leaned against the brick wall and grinned "I wasn't planning on to." He sighed as he stared out at the trash. He looked so cool and collected with his model looks, while Dani was pissing her boots. This was a high stressful situation, and he looked like he was loitering after a hard day's work of being pretty. When he told her he didn't have any friends, it took her a long time to believe it. However, it soon became clear because of his cold personality and his emotionally incompetent behaviour.