13

Roses are redViolets don't mean to offendThere was a reason they were togetherAnd you'll find out in the end

Roses are red
Violets don't mean to offend
There was a reason they were together
And you'll find out in the end.

"Are you ok?" Atlas asked Dani. He noticed she went pale after he told her the names. And a bit after that, she grabbed her chest and rolled into the fetal position, "if you want we could talk about this—"

"No..." she mouthed.

Atlas placed his phone on his desk, "Are you saying no to being ok or no to talking about the later part?" He tilted his head and leaned over her.

"No, I—I?" She spoke again, this time it came out clearer, "I know her..." her body shook, "I know who Betty Herbert is..."

He smiled, "well then that makes things easier than-"

"No!" She slowly got up from her position, her hair covering her face when she spoke, "this does not make this easier!" she freaked, "I didn't expect to know the person we have to kill..." she crossed.

Atlas sighed and joined her on the bed, but she scooted away, "But you knew the person you killed in that past, didn't you?" He let his thoughts slip from his tongue.

Under her hair, he could tell that her face contorted. Her brown eyes widened under her frames as she scooted further away from him, "Yes, but this is different." She admitted, "This is—"

"Crazy?" he stole the words out of her mouth, "I thought it was crazy when I had to kill Charlotte, but look where I am now." He looked down at his hands; the memories of blood still flickered.

Dani stayed quiet—She was a lot harder to work with than he thought. But at least she wasn't completely useless. She knew one of the two next targets. That was one more than he knew. With her knowledge it cuts his research time in half, leaving him more time to focus on the other guy—Christopher Anderson.

The two sat there for a moment; Dani crying and Atlas just pondering life. He didn't have all day for this, he probably didn't have much time to plan either. He slowly tapped his hands together then spoke, "Is there anything I need to know about Betty?"

Dani contemplated before she answered, "S-she was my old babysitter. And I think she's moving out-of-town on Friday."

Shit... This weekend. This left him no time to prepare, both physically and mentally. He had to come up with something quick. In a few days, one of his targets was leaving town, and if she left town Atlas wouldn't be able to follow her.

"I should have never told you that," Dani looked down at her shaking hands. For a moment she met his eyes, then she went back into being in her own world. If she was like this just talking about it, then who knows how she'll be doing it. Atlas didn't think it was right to bring her along. Although, since she knew Betty, she could be a distraction of some sort. She could be a pawn in whatever plan he came up with. "What are you staring at?" she wiped away her tears, "I can't freak out? You're planning on killing an old lady?"