45

Roses are redEndings are blue Killing is not that easyEspecially if it's you

Roses are red
Endings are blue
Killing is not that easy
Especially if it's you

Why did I agree to do this in the first place! The frightened yet confused Atlas stood his ground as Adam lazily played around with the gun. The boy was acting like this was not the first time he had a gun in his hand; however, from the way he stumbled, it probably was his first time.

"A-Adam? L-listen to me closely!" Atlas didn't break eye contact with the metal. "There has to be another way? You're not in the right state of mind for goodness sake! Why don't we put the gun down? And just talk?" A wave of deep nausea hit him as his wet hands fell in front of him. Atlas wasn't sure why he was pleading. He didn't hesitate to kill the others? There was something about The Man no longer being a mysterious threat that changed the ethics of this situation. The Man was a friend, not some rich CEO. A friend! And now that friend was trying to kill another friend.

"Oh, shut up Atlas!" Adam stood up straight as a pin. "Either way, I'm still going to tell you everything! So just sit back, relax and maybe even take a video of her dying to join the collection of photos you have. It would be a fantastic addition?" A crooked grin crept onto his dry lips.

Atlas' face burned as the cuts of his lips opened up as he chewed them. His white bandages on his hands were soaked as he stood frozen at gunpoint. The shakiness of his body stopped Adam from advancing any further. His surroundings slurred as he truly didn't know what was going on. Adam looked mellow with his blushed skin and red eyes—he was high—and being high with a gun wasn't a great combination.

"You know, you guys make a wonderful team? You probably didn't even have to kill all those people if you just waited things out like Dani said to do? Or you could have confronted me in the diner or something? That's right! I knew you were hiding under that table, Dani!" He pointed as sophistical as he could give his current state of mind. "You are quite loud when you're scared... like you are now. Quite entertaining!" he laughed, then faced Atlas. "You really should have listened to her that day in the bedroom, Atlas? She is never wrong when it comes to things like that? I remember like 5 years ago she told me she had a gut feeling about my grades, and months later she was completely right. After that day, I always took her word for things!" Adam rambled like it was just a normal day.

"How did you—"

"How did I what? Know?" Adam laughed, "You two talk pretty loud for murderers! I'm surprised Emma and Gemma haven't been asking questions." He tilted his head, "When your mom left with my dad that day, I wandered up the stairs to see you. I ended up overhearing your little conversation about The Man with Dani?" He stepped closer to him mockingly. "Firstly, The Man, is such an ominous name for someone you talk to over text, is that the contact name?"

Gulping, Atlas nodded.

"For real? Wow! So creative Atlas, how did you know that it was a dude on the other end! It could have been a lady, you know that right?"